AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone else verified and is the owner of my business listing. Requested Admin rights.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently just went onto google to verify my business listing so I could control it. But to my surprise, it was confirmed by someone other than me. The email address was unknown. I requested admin rights, only to have him add me as an communication manager. I can access the page, but I have no ability to edit or anything. When I clicked on manage users, a named popped up that I do not recognize at all. I do not know how to contact him, because I cannot find an email address for him. Also, I cannot seem to find any contact information for Google support, which I find very frustrating. 

Business name: Wah Sing II

Current Address: 634 Wyckoff Ave, Wyckoff NJ 07481

Current Phone Number: 2018918488

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wah+Sing+II/@41.010344,-74.1748317,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Someone else verified and is the owner of my business listing. Requested Admin rights.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

you GMB page get hijacked just like mine, google is really suck on it, it is been a month, i has not get it back yet, even i pull off my google ad, change my email, them don't seems care, i even verify with mail, still not working, so i start advertising on facebook instead now, thanks google for screw up your client!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @xi s the user @tasty w isn't talking about his website but about a GMB listing verified by an other user and I aslo think your response is not considering the fact it was not Google making tasty w to a communication manager only but the actual owern.

Think your reponse is useless and will not help tasty at all.

@tasty w

The listing in question is verified & managed by this account:

pg…@gmail.com.

It's obvioulsty he (through pg…@gmail.com) noticed your request to get the ownership transferred and unfortunately refused to transfer it via the well known bad method to make you as a communication manager only.

Now the important question (and I need your answer in order to help you better):

Have you tried to request the ownership under a Google account based on the domain wahsing2nj.com?

Or did you use any other Google Account to request the ownership?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Someone else verified and is the owner of my business listing. Requested Admin rights.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler I'm not exactly sure what you mean by requesting ownership under the domain wahsing2nj.com.

Wahsing2nj.com is not a domain that was created by us. It is a domain created as an result of a third party ordering service such as GrubHub or BeyondMenu. The email I used to request ownership is the business email. I have not tried to request ownership under an different account.

Re: Someone else verified and is the owner of my business listing. Requested Admin rights.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@xi s Our Google Listing has been verified by another unknown user. I am not sure what you mean by hijacked, or by whom. But we would like to get our listing back under the control of the actual owners of the business. The lack of support channels for Google business is frustrating, I will agree with you on that. But as @Helmut Geissler said, our problem does not seem to be the same.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @tasty w

sorry in case I was mistaken but I considered the website coming with the published  lsiting as the correct website for the restaurant.

This said (regardless I'm mistaken or not):

I know from experience it would  be easier to escalate the matter to Google in case you can confirm having tried to request the ownership of the listing in question using  a Google account based on an email of the business domain.

Is there such a website (not a GMB listing) under your control and if there isn't what business emal did you use to request the ownership?

Please don't publish this email address of the Google Account here in the public.

sent it me offline the forum through this form after reading it's disclaimer: 
http://goo.gl/ornqS8

Once I have your info I will try escalating your issue "my way" to Google.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler,

Hello,

I will be contacting you with more information via the form.

In addition, before posting on this forum, we tried to create another Google listing. Is that not advisable or should we cancel that one?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@tasty w

Hi David

I got your message through my form.

Two remarks

1# you missed specifying the account (its based email)  as you have used it to request the ownership transfer for the lsiting.

2# and Nope - it doesn't make any sense trying to setup an other instance of a GMB listing for your restaurant!

Couterwise it will make the things more worst.

Delete such stuff from oyur account asap. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Sorry about that, but I am not sure what you mean. Would you like me to fill out the form again and or include the email I used to request ownership. Is that what you mean. Sorry, I am new to all of this so I lacking a bit of knowledge when it comes to stuff like this. 

As as for the secondary listing, I have deleted it. Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Yeah @tasty w

I would like to know the email as you used it "to request ownership".

And since I hesitate to ask you to post thsi email address here in the public forum  please fill once again my contact form providing me through my contact form this email as you used it "to request ownership".