AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone else owns our business on Google and won't let it go

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm the GM at

Motel 6

3307 N. Main Street

Roswell, NM 88201

I have tried twice to get ownership of the Google Business but whoever has it will not let it go.  We do not know who this person is - it is not the Owner, not the GM, not anyone employed here.

How can we get the ownership away from them?  Because of this I cannot reply to any comments/reviews.  We went through a renovation and the photos are not updated - this is not right.

Please let me know how we can correct this issue.   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Someone else owns our business on Google and won't let it go

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

isn't "Motel 6"  a chain of plenty of motels in the US and other countries?

I checked few of them in case they show up as verified.

All as I checked are owned and  managed by one single account "tm…@gmail.com"

I therefore believe this account uploaded and managed them all on on behalf of the "motel 6" chain.

so you should get in contact with the management of Motel 6 to get the ownership transferred.

As far as I know Google actually will not help you to get the ownership transferred unless you try to get the below procedure applied - but only then if you apply it based on an email address based on the domain of Motel 6 (like xyz@motel6.com)

This is the procedure I refer too to use with 

xyz@motel6.com:

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

Re: Someone else owns our business on Google and won't let it go

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you - I will check on this.  It seems odd that Corporate would do this under a gmail account, not update photos and not reply to reviews - but stranger things have happened.  Definitely worth looking in to - thank you.