My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone else has control over my business listing and they rejected my request of ownership.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

someone else has control over my business location listing and they rejected my request for ownership with note

"Dear Sir/Madam, We're managing this account on behalf of the Shell. We receive the location information directly through our client to keep the listing up-to-date, therefore, we reject your request. Kind regards, Navads"

But Shell dose not have such clients or programs. 

They even changed my business hours and phone number   Which is wrong ( You all can verify that on shell own website by searching location.  32428 zip code ) 

I did not pay attention to listing on map until one of my customer told me I have wrong phone number on map and wrong business hours. 

( I called business solution on google and they were not much helpful) 

Can anyone one help me get control of my listing ? 

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name

Shell 
2. Current business address

1699 Main St.  Chipley FL 32428
3. Current telephone number

850-638-4008
4. Google Maps URL

https://g.co/kgs/jqcFp9

5. Website (if applicable)

shell.us

6 You can search location on shell website just put details of my address 

http://www.shell.us/motorist/shell-station-locator-and-route-planner.html#iframe=Lz9jb3VudHJ5PVVT

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone else has control over my business listing and they rejected my request of ownership.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Max S

I escalated it my way - # 342

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Someone else has control over my business listing and they rejected my request of ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thank you for help 

hopefully this resolve it sooner 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Helmut,

Same for this business here: R E Burrows Signs & Graphics Inc.:

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/LHj8vVvumrm

Webpage: http://www.reburrowssigns.com

New Address: 108 Bonnie Crescent, Elmira, ON N3B 3J8, Canada

Someone has marked this Permanently Closed, and it definitely is not.

Everything in the listing is correct except for the Address.

Re: Someone else has control over my business listing and they rejected my request of ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the exact same problem with the shell station I manage in Connecticut (and I got the exact same response from Navads after I requested ownership and it was denied) I got a call from google today, and while i couldn't get any contact info for the page owner, they told me that the account that owns the 'shell' page manages over 13,000 business pages... Judging by that number I'm assuming it must be Shell, but I'm still working on finding out who to contact over there to get this sorted out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@talal d

its not Shell for sure. I contacted them and even shell website says right contact number on it.  If it was Shell then they would had right phone numbers as their own website. 

Shell responce is each store is individualy own and own and operated under frinchice agreement. We do not do such listing or manage such online page. It is managed and updated by local store owner.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@talal d @Helmut Geissler

if we could find out Name and contact  of Company who has it would be good too. Because at moments there is no way to contact them. 

J H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
J H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Max S

your escalation ( # 342) is still in progress.

@J H@talal d & @Chris S  please don't hijack the thresf of @Max S

Please all of the others  start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.