AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Small Business Directory Association

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been receiving phone call after phone call, for 17 months, from a business called Small Business Directory Association.  They are wanting to verify my google listing, for a fee of course.    I was also told that they handle all of the accounts smaller than a Starbucks, Google only handles Fortune 500 companies themselves.

As I left the conversation today, uncomfortably, I was informed that my company will no longer be found on Google Search or Google.com since I elected to do more research before committing to their terms and payment.

Are they a legitimate business partner of Google?

Please advise if this is an avenue I should pursue, or report.  Thank you.

Donna

Total Lawn Care, Inc.

Garden Gems Greenhouse

602 S. June St.

Jerseyville,  IL 62052

618-498-7333

www.tlc-inc.biz

www.gardengems4you.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MargaretO (Top Contributor)
October

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't worry. These people are scammers.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MargaretO (Top Contributor)
October

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't worry. These people are scammers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Donna,

You are right to feel uncomfortable, as this is absolutely a scam. Google does not require payment for your business listing, and does not utilize third party providers or "partners" to manage My Business services.

Ask for a call-back number next time they call, and report that to the FTC. Google will also direct you to report to the FTC as well.

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

John Callahan

Callahan & Hughes Funeral Home

605 South 25th Street

Terre Haute, IN 47803

812-232-1365

www.callahanandhughes.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for adding this information. I have been getting a call--several times per day--from my area code, and their outgoing robodialer message says our listing is in danger of not being displayed, or not being displayed correctly or something like this... Finally decided to press 1 to talk to a "senior business listing analyst" and since I asked so many questions about the exact name of their business, and why were they calling me about my Google listing since I had already verified with Google and have our business listed, and it IS displayed correctly, they just got me off the phone as quickly as they could. I think if they realize you know what you're doing, you can't be suckered in to paying them to do what a business owner can do in just a few minutes. I get so many scammers wanting to "help" us with our free Google listing--but the urgency of their message really sets them apart.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Donna the company is a total scam do not give them any of your credit card information Google gives you the listing for your business for free all you have to do is Google your business and go to where it says claim this business and then threw your Gmail account you can claim your business for free you should report this company to the Florida Attorney General's office as well as the FTC so that way you can get paid for all these harassing calls from these people I know I am

Re: Small Business Directory Association

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Donna R

Both of your listings are already verified, so don't let anyone have control over them.  

Yes, as others have suggested, this sounds very much like a scam.  Listings are allowed by google, and for free.  

They call and call and call business owners for that long because it works. Just don't let it work on you ;-)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The company that keeps calling is small business directory Associates out
of Boca Raton Florida they're not Google you don't have to pay for the
listing it is free.
They don't have to call twice daily that's why I've got a lawyer on them
right now

EG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
EG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

718-888-9587 this is the number.

they keep calling me and they mentioned your website. They gave you your web address for the payment and he was about to give me $100.  He kept saying that he would go ahead to delete my information on Google directory if I don't purchase it for $599 with $100 discount. I hung up the phone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Im not the scam company called small business directory associates you can
Google that scam company and get their website. I have reported them to the
FTC!

EG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
EG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

He just showed me your website to get my trust. I'm sorry. I wasn't try to say it was your company.

I wanted to say that they mentioned the website "smallbusinessdirectoryassociation.com"  because I told them I proffered to pay on line for any payment. I think he would ask me pay over the phone at last.