AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Says duplicate listing, but it's not.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like a fool, I created a new location on GMB for my business, Christine Roberts Photography, instead of updating my address on my old GMB that has all my photos and reviews on it. By the time I figured this out, google marked my good account as a duplicate. I deleted the one that I did not want, yet, my good account still shows duplicate, and it won't let me request access. It just says there has been an error and to try again later. I've tried several times to request access to my account, but I get the error each time. Also, I'm not sure why, but it says the location belongs to someone else, but I'm not sure how that is even true, because this listing was at one point verified by me. Anyone have any help they can offer? 

1. Business Name - Christine Roberts Photography
2. Business Address - 8625 Farm Road 2152, Mount Pleasant, TX 75455
3. Business Phone number - 903-830-4636
4. Maps URL (which is incorrect and had requested an update-but that's probably not updated because it was marked duplicate)- https://www.google.com/maps/place/Christine+Roberts+Photography/@33.2102302,-94.9807574,17z/data=!3m...
5. Website - www.christinerobertsphotography.com
6. screenshots of your  dashboard  would  be helpfulas wel Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 11.43.33 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Christine R

Thanks for coming to the community! It looks like you may have forgotten some important information that I'll need in order to address your issue. Can you please provide the following:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website
6. screenshots of your  dashboard  would  be helpfulas wel

Once I have that information, ​I​'ll do my best to help. 
Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Business Name - Christine Roberts Photography
2. Business Address - 8625 Farm Road 2152, Mount Pleasant, TX 75455
3. Business Phone number - 903-830-4636
4. Maps URL (which is incorrect and had requested an update-but that's probably not updated because it was marked duplicate)- https://www.google.com/maps/place/Christine+Roberts+Photography/@33.2102302,-94.9807574,17z/data=!3m...
5. Website - www.christinerobertsphotography.com
6. screenshots of your  dashboard  would  be helpfulas wel 

I'll try to upload screen shot another way, I'm not seeing where I can do it here. 

Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I updated the original post with the details-thank you!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thank you! I did update the original post with all those things. Hope that works! 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hmm  @Christine R

There is such an existent listing:  https://goo.gl/maps/8F1dh39eTvt

I also would like getting one other screenshot- showing  what your  dahsboard shows for

https://business.google.com/locations

Re: Says duplicate listing, but it's not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But now I've done something and it says permanently closed. Aye aye aye. :/ @Helmut GeisslerScreen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.06.41 PM.png

Re: Says duplicate listing, but it's not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok! I was able to claim my permanantly closed location,and now have 2 locations. BUT, my account with all the reviews that I want to keep is still being called the duplicate. 

Thanks for your help @Helmut Geissler

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 3.37.18 PM.png

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Christine R

As per your last screen  grab I would  thing you need to  remove the buttom listed  listing and need to reverify the upper listing