AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Sabatoge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you get competitors and/or former employees to stop hacking your pages?  i.e., constantly marking your business as permanently closed, or changing your business address to be theirs?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sabatoge

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jones Street P

1) If you let me know the exact details of the business or map listing url, I can ask the team to monitor.

2) Make sure that the account email is monitored, you get updates now of changes made, you can then login and deny changes / updates.

However given that Google relies on user edits to keep maps up to date, the only real defense is monitoring your business page.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Sabatoge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response.  The way I find out about the hacking is because of the email updates..

The page is one of several we manage - it is listed as Savannah Ghosts Paranormal Investigation Tours, with starting address of 404 Abercorn St., Savannah GA.  "Someone" is changing it to a competitor's tour starting address of 203 Abercorn St., Savannah, GA., -or- marking it as closed altogether.  Since May, 2017, when had to terminate 'someone', 'someone' has created competing tour and is changing our information to theirs.

Thank you for your time.  Savannah Ghosts Paranormal Investigation Tour

Re: Sabatoge

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jones Street P

So the first problem that will come up when I ask them to look at this, is the legitimacy of the listing.

That address seems to be a cafe and you don't actually serve customers there, rather you are a service area business and that address is the meeting point of the tour.

See: Google My Business Guidelines

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership