My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Rouge Website Designer steals My Business Listing No Help From Google Business Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been on the phone for the last two weeks with Google reps trying to get ownership of my Google business page.  I've explained to them repeatedly the the person who setup my page has no affiliation to my business.   As a result of Google not rectifying this issue my business is being listed as "permanently closed" on a regular basis now including now as I am typing this help request.   The sad thing about this is the very first rep I spoke with acknowledged that this type of issue is coming up frequently but Google has done nothing to protect the actual business owner.  I own a moving company which I havent been able to book any business in the last two weeks because of this and the days are still counting.   Someone please help.  This should not be that big of an issue to solve. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Rouge Website Designer steals My Business Listing No Help From Google Business Support

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Frank H W

Two questions please:

A) have you applied literally the advise in their  help center: Someone else verified my business ?

B) how can you imagine getting help here without specifying the details of the business in question?

Re: Rouge Website Designer steals My Business Listing No Help From Google Business Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I apologize. This is my first time trying to use this service and yes I have done everything imaginable. I offered to forward business documents, ID, tax numbers, anything that I could think of to prove to them that I and my wife own our business and that the person holding my business page hostage is in no way a authority in my company.

Dee Williams Moving
7027 Lure Court Fayetteville, NC 28311
deewilliamsmoving.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Frank H W

Thanks for providing more information

But you did not answer my above question A#

"Have you applied literally the advise in their  help center: Someone else verified my business "

This procedure doesn't tell you to provide any docs.

It's just  a procedure describing how to get the ownership of your business page transferred from the actual page owner to you as the legit business owner with help of the business support.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have went thru that process. Easter Sunday I was on the phone with Google for almost 4 hours. I was told the process would take 8 days. I was instructed to setup a new page wait for verification code in the mail. Apply the code and on the 8th day call in and everything would be taken care. I followed the instructions. The new page got listed as a duplicate. Called in and was told that no one submitted a case for ownership transfer so I have to wait another 8 days. In the meantime my business is still being list as closed. Google will fix that and the next day it's listed as closed again.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
did you have a case ID from Support rep as it seems to me the advise you
got from the rep was not correct given.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Frank did you solve your problem? i'm in the same boat

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are still working on it. Supposedly I have to wait 2 more days. I had
to end up force feeding them my business documents because the guy went as
far as saying that he is the owner of my business. It's a sad case that
they don't have measures to prevent this. That someone can damage you
business simply because they used their email address. And he still has
put the correct information back in.

Frank H. Williams
Dee Williams Moving
frank.h@deewilliamsmoving.com
www.deewilliamsmoving.com
[O] 910-488-4225
[C] 910-813-6022

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes the guy that made my page also said he's the owner of the business and he is manipulating the situation and want me to pay him $1000 in order to transfer the page of my business to me and yes that's crazy, it should be illegal to hold a business page is your are not the owner, i also have all the documentations to prove that im the owner but google reps are not helping me with this issue!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My suggestion is go back to whatever email Google sent you. Attach any
docs you have that will prove that he has no ownership rights to your
business and go from there. That's the only way I got them to understand
the urgency of the situation. And they have been calling me back
regularly. The only problem is is thought it was a spam number and I
blocked it lol. But that's my only suggestion. Other than that as long
as he refuses to release the ownership of the page they won't do anything.

Frank H. Williams
Dee Williams Moving
frank.h@deewilliamsmoving.com
www.deewilliamsmoving.com
[O] 910-488-4225
[C] 910-813-6022