AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Rogue business contact details changes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We have an issue where a phone number was changed wrongly on one of our business storefront pages. We feel this was done maliciously and need to gather evidence.

Can you please let me know if there is a way to
View a history of business changes (ie what date the phone number was changed)
And a list of IP addresses who had access to the business page and on what date?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can sometimes view a history of business changes at MapMaker.

IP address information will only be given by Google with a court order. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there is a similar issue going on in our area too. I believe they may be related.

Do you find "your business" listed on this site?

www.uslocallocksmith.com they are doing that here 

for example with Hoover Lock and Key they have the correct info except for phone number www.uslocallocksmith.com/page/birmingham/hoover-lock-&-key-inc-/102257/

The WHOIS info is available for that domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seem that Robert P either got it wrong, or the information has been corrected in www.uslocallocksmith.com .I personally think that some of you out there think that human error is ways of the past,  but in reality? there are plenty out there, and this doesn't mean that some websites playing up with information. This also apply for Google community people who think they are smart and I read enough around that many times they modify places and often remove genuine places.... so In a nut shell let your brain come out of the box and think positive - it's healthier!