AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews for wrong business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Hopefully this is there place I can get some assistance. We are Artarmon Auto Body Repairs and we opened up at the end of December 2017. I created a Google my Business page in February 2017 to give our business a presence. The previous business Artarmon Smash Repairs in the same location 14 Waltham Street, Artarmon (same address but now permanently closed) had a lot of reviews, mostly negative on Google. I have never claimed Artarmon Smash (I am the only one with access to our Google my Business) as our business but however Google decided to move ALL of their reviews to our Google listing and I am at a lost. This occurred sometime within the last week. The only review that is legitimately ours is the one from 3 weeks ago and it was fine then as we had a clean slate (no reviews prior to that). We are only a small business and issues like this greatly affects us. 

I would also like to note that I contacted Google around Feb or March in regards to closing down the Artarmon Smash Repairs Google my Business as we had both businesses up on the same address and our customers were getting confused. I specifically wrote on to them stating that we are not the same as the other business which is why we did not claim it (Google tried to get us to claim their business). So I think somewhere down the line Google got confused and merged the two businesses together and even moved all of their reviews onto ours. 

Google support called me back and said they will not remove these reviews because both our business and the old business are in the same field (ie. Both smash repair workshop) regardless of the fact that we are a separate entity to the old business. Just because we specialize in the same type of work it does not mean we are the same business. I have obtained our lease form from our solicitors on to prove that we started our business in December 2017 are there any other documentation that we need to prove who we are? Is there any way for us to send these documentations to Google so they are able to remove all the reviews which does not belong to us?

We are losing our customers because our review rating went from 5 stars to 2.3 stars. Please help us resolve this issue ASAP. 

This is currently our Google my Business with ALL of the previous reviews from Artarmon Smash. 

https://www.google.com/search?ludocid=14818417980088821683&q=Artarmon%20Auto%20Body%20Repairs%2014%2...

Reviews for wrong business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have tried for a year to remove a post that is not our company, and the person who posted it won’t remove it and she posted the exact same post to the correct business the same day. We did speak to Google several times and they have done NOTHING at all!!  It’s total crap