3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews Disappeared Only on Search Engine [still visible on maps]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 9 reviews and they are still available on google maps but they are now gone from the Google search engines. As well, you can no longer leave a review through the engine. See here - https://snag.gy/Lt9AlN.jpg.

Here's how it looks on maps, available - https://www.google.ca/maps/place/SociallyInfused+Media+Ltd./@43.2499571,-79.9461781,17z/data=!3m1!4b...

This makes no sense and is very disappointing. I've worked really hard for these reviews. Who do I contact or how do I fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looked again today and still nothing. Does anyone know the best way to get into contact with the right group at Google?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Vincent B

(Note I'm able to replicate this)

Trying to escalate the issue through my internal escalation form it asked me whether you as the affected owner of the listing have submitted the problem through "Feedback" already?  (bottom the Knowledge Panel)*

Have you done this already and if so when?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I did post this through the feedback option a few days ago, but have not heard anything back. Is that the best way? Thank you so much for helping me out with this @Helmut Geissler!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

ok @Vincent B

I escalated your issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks you so much, @Helmut Geissler. I will let you know how it goes!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@ got a word back from Google:

They are wondering about your business in question and they need more information from you

Currently it's not defined as an ServiceAreaBusiness with hidden address And the address showing is a personal home.
Additionally they are asking: can you confirm that your  company meets customers face to face as it seems like an online biz only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler thanks for following up. We run our business in an office space in our home, but it is registered and zoned commercial (sepearate from our actual living space); we are a federally registered corporation. Our clients often come here to pick up printed marketing material that we design and print for them here (signs, logos, banners, etc.). We also have quite a few of our clients come in to meet and discuss their marketing strategy, website designs and video scripts; we film here as well with green screen. Please let me know if you need anything else regarding this.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I doubt you have a signage about your business in your residential area.

Try convincing me from the opposite - I then will forward such a signage visible to the public to Google.

Otherwise you should set your listing to be an ServiceAreaBusiness.

Once you  have done that, I can escalate it again for reinstatement.

Still don't believe your  business would  be eligible as a storefront because it is located at a residential address and you  set its hours to 24/7

Doing such a business 24/7 and  facing customers at your  residential address at all hours is pretty unlikely.

So its up to you to get the listing reinstated or not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Ah, I understand what you mean now - sorry for the confusion. No, we don't have signage here. I didn't know we needed to.

So yes, I would definately set my business as a 'ServiceAreaBusiness'. It makes no difference to me how it's defined at this point. How do I go about doing that? Thanks again for all your help on this one!