AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Restaurant Hijacked by BringDat.com

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Another Restaurant Hijacked - 

1) Mangia Healthy Kitchen

2) 20 Jefferson Blvd #1, Staten Island, NY 10312

3) 718-356-4400

4) https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mangia+Healthy+Kitchen/@40.5411576,-74.1784294,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1...

5) Official Website: MangiaHealthyKitchenSi.com    Website on Google: MangiaHealthy.com

screencapture-google-search-2018-06-03-08_32_14.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Alex D,

Are you saying that you can not log into your Google My Business Account and fix those?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Chris, I am saying that the data that google is providing, is incorrect. 

The Search Engine Portion of Google: IS EXCELLENT

- It is the Worlds Best Search Engine

The Content that is Hosted By Google: IS INCORRECT

- It is the Worlds Worst Content

---------------------------

Attached is an example of another restaurant that was "HIJACKED"

- It is a Fine Dining restaurant, yet the "Hijacking Company" has put a picture of a Pizza as the cover place. 

- The restaurant DOES NOT WANT people to associate itself as a Pizzeria.  Yet Googles Hosted Content proudly displays a Big Pizza at the top of all Results

------------------------------

"Hijacking" is a term I am using, because everyone likes the use of the word, In Reality the company is doing what the "Agreement" between them and the restaurant is.

--------------------------------

Unfortunately 95% of restaurants DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR CARE for Google My Business, so it is 3rd parties left to battle out, but in the end it hurts the consumer. 

1) Google should BE A SEARCH ENGINE - Not a "Business Listing Guide"

2) I had Research People search for 1,000 locations in a nearby city

- 60% ARE CLAIMED BY 3RD PARTY COMPANIES

- 15% ARE CLAIMED BY BUSINESS OR FRIENDS OF BUSINESS

- 25% ARE NOT CLAIMED AT ALL

I understand Google wants to be it all.  Which is Great for Google, unfortunately today they are not ready to be it all.  Maybe with AI calling all businesses to find out their "Official" websites and Official Details, they will be able to just Close all other Directories and put them all out of business and Google will be the only one to remain. 

But today, they are not ready, So Google "Places" should not be appearing on Search Engine Results higher than Really Good Content from Local Content Providers.