2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Requesting ownership on G+ business page that isn't verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work at a digital agency, Country Digital, and I want to know how to get access to my client's Google business page, that isn't verified yet, but is definitely my client's business. There is a G+ page regarding my client's business. He can't remember creating it so we cannot gain access to his site. However, because it isn't verified yet we can't request ownership.
I can find no information regarding this on Google Support.

The page I am struggling with is Camp Kazuma G+

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Requesting ownership on G+ business page that isn't verified

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alexa

In this situation you're going to need to contact GMB support via one of the options at https://support.google.com/business/contactflow and seek their assistance in getting a verification postcard sent to the address.

Speaking of which, is that an actual mapped address which can be seen on MapMaker? if not, you may struggle to get your page verified and on Maps anyway.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The current address on the G+ page is not an actual mapped address, but as soon as I can get access to the page I will be able to change the address correctly on their G+ page/GMB account and then I can verify their business as well. The big problem I have is getting access to the page of my client's business. They do not remember ever setting up the G+ page, so they have none of the login details. Which means we do not know how to go about to get access to their page.

In other words how do we retrieve the login details, or gain access to their page?

Thanks for the reply.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexa v
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Alexa

As mentioned in my earlier post, the only way to get access to the page is by contacting GMB support - however as the page is not linked to Maps, I'd actually just write the page off (so to speak) and start from scratch here: google.com/business

Because the original page is not linked to Maps it won't show up in any local searches so not having access to it, isn't a big deal.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog