AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Requesting Ownership of permanently closed business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

About a month ago, I rented out a space for my new business (Scott's Oyster Bar)  I am about to start.

I was about to setup my business for google business, but then I realized that the old business that used to 

operate in that location (two rivers tavern, which is now permanently closed) still had a google business page, google maps, etc...

My main question, was if there was a way to request ownership of that location.

Business name: Scott's Oyster Bar

Business address: 105 N Austin Ave suite 105 , Georgetown TX, 78626

Telephone Number:  (512)688-5013

Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/2/b/108629514543398218683/108629514543398218683/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Requesting Ownership of permanently closed business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Misti

I can't find any listing for Two Rivers Tavern on Google Maps at all - are you able to share a link to where you are seeing that listing? It should be fairly easy to get it closed, but I just want to see the listing first.

Also, the link you shared is to a Brand page, which will not be found in any location outside of Google+. If you'd like to be listed on Maps, you should start here: google.com/business and select 'Shop Front' when given the option.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog