Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Request access to own or manage local business on Google that HAS BEEN HACKED

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This question was originally posted on the former Help Forum but has been modified for clarity and answered by Community User Helmut G.

I want to request access to own or manage my local business on Google, but am not able because the Google business owner's Gmail account (who set originally set up our location on Maps) HAS BEEN HACKED.

How else can I obtain ownership of a Google business that I need to manage? 

Answer: If you don’t know the current owner and you want to be the owner or manager of the page, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Google My Business. You’ll need a Google account to get started.
  2. Click Get your page.
  3. Choose one of two categories of local businesses:
    • Storefront businesses: Choose this option if you serve customers at your business location (e.g. restaurants, hotels, and retail stores)
    • Service area businesses: Choose this option if you serve customers at their location within a specific service area and you want your customers to see your service area on Google Maps (e.g. plumbers, taxi services, and pizza delivery)
    • Brands, organizations, or artists should follow these steps.
  4. Enter the name or address of your business and select your business from the drop-down menu.
  5. When you choose your business, you’ll see a dialogue letting you know that someone else has verified the business. Click Request Admin Rights.
  6. You’ll be asked to answer some questions about your business. We’ll send the current owner an email asking them to get in touch with you. If you don’t hear back in a week, contact google.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Request access to own or manage local business on Google that HAS

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!