AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Removing reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Miller & Carter Poulton-Le-Fylde recently opened its doors.

However reviews from when it was a previous brand are still pulling through.

Please can you delete these reviews.

Many thanks,

Jessica

1 Expert replyverified_user

Removing reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jessica G

Can you give me some backstory with this?

Did you buy the business recently and then rename it?  Was another business here and then you moved in?

Is this the listing in question: https://www.google.com/search?q=Miller+%26+Carter+Poulton-Le-Fylde&oq=Miller+%26+Carter+Poulton-Le-F...

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Removing reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO

Yes I brought the business. It was previously under a brand called Harvester. We opened the business as Miller & Carter, we offer a very different food selection to Harvester and do not wish the old reviews to still show. 

Many thanks, 

Jess

Removing reviews

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jessica G

Unfortunately Google doesn't remove reviews when businesses change hands.  Reviews stay with the address. Unless the old business moves elsewhere, the new business (if same category) inherits those reviews.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Removing reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO,

I have had the same issue before and google removed the previous reviews. Why is it that it cannot be done on this occasion?

Thanks,

Jessica