# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing review after buying an existing business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Allen L

I will need the business page URL and can you prove as in sale contract that you purchased the business recently ?

They will need to see proof.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Removing review after buying an existing business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We also purchased an existing business that had bad reviews. The purchase was in December 2015. We made the decision to Take part of the new business and our existing business name and combine them . Inadvertently google moved over all of his reviews prior to our ownership 1/1/2016. Can we get help having all reviews prior to 12/31/15 removed as there is no one involved with the business we purchased. We had a good rating prior to this merging. I look forward to hear from someone. Thanks Steve Cone Randy's Flowers by Endless Creations in Culpeper, Virginia

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @steve c

So it is 1 business now ?

What is the current business Name, address, tel number

Map Url ?

What was the previous business Name, address, tel number

What was the date purchased

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim,

I am also dealing with a similar issue.  In my case we bought the assets of a business and they completely shut down.  We opened up a new deli in its location under a new name, new owners, and new menu.  I requested to have the business closed "sunrise bagels" in Vancouver, WA.  However, whenever I search for bagels in Vancouver, WA they continue to pop up and now our new customers are leaving reviews on their old site.  People are complaining that our deli looks nothing like the photos...well it is because that is not our restaurant in those images.  Appreciate any help.  Our place is called 808 Sunrise Deli.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Noa

Please can you provide the Maps url for the old listing and your new listing.

I can then advise how best to proceed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are having the same problem. We bought an existing business and it's assets and we are under a new LLC, name, owner with new employees. 

Our old listing has been marked permanently closed yet our new listing is still showing the reviews from the old business.

This is our current listing: https://www.google.com/maps/place/PGS+Tattoo/@34.8435199,-82.3454304,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8...

I can't find the old one. Could you help us at all?

-PGS

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @PGS T

Did you create a new business page for PGS 

https://goo.gl/maps/SCHxFyqrZaE2

Was the old listing in the same name?, what was the address?

If the reviews have migrated from the old business listing to the new >> if it was the same name, I am not sure they can be removed.

However if the old reviews are from a completely differently named business, then they 1) should not have ended up on the current one 2) probably be able to remove.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our business name was Endless Creations Flowers and Gifts we purchased Randy's Flowers LTD amd merged the names to Randy's Flowers by Endless Creations.  Google brought forward all of Randy's bad reviews. Steve

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @steve c

what was the address please and what is the map listing url please.

I can then forward to the team, if they can't locate a record of the purchase, then they will contact you on account email and request proof of purchase. Once date established then they remove any prior reviews to that purchase period.

Send the address please and url and I can get the team to take a look.