AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Removing old reviews when business ownership changed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, We have a client who bought out another dealership and gained access to the Google My Business account. Unfortunately they changed the name instead of closing that business and opening a new listing. Its too late to close the listing as they have gotten reviews on their behalf. I have tried to flag the reviews for removal due to conflict on interest and have had no luck. Is there any other way to get these reviews removed? The listing is Deacon Jones Toyota used to be Go Toyota. The dealership changed ownership in November of 2016 so I am hoping to remove reviews  before then, specifically ones that reference Go Toyota. The listing can be seen here https://www.google.com/search?q=deacon+jones+toyota&oq=deacon+jones&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.256... any help is appreciated!

Thank you, 

Sarah

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is still an issue-- I have tried to look into a few ways to get them removed but haven't had any luck 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Derek T

I'll try escalating and see what I can do.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

that would be awesome, thank you for your help! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Priya:

My wife is the new manager of a business that has just recently changed ownership. There was a complete change in the staff and the products. The Only Thing That Remains the Same is the name and location. How do they get rid of the old reviews from the previous owners?

Jason