5.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Removing old reviews when a business has been taken over

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Setup a google my business page for my company Ship Shape Accounting Ltd.  There is another business Ship Shape Resources Ltd at the same premises that provides different services.  For some bizarre reason when setting up the SSA page it has moved over the reviews for SSR to my page and the SSR page has disappeared.

I have tried to make google aware of this but the people responding to the emails are either dumb or do not read the original correspondence correctly.

Any suggestions how I can get this fixed?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing old reviews when a business has been taken over

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi James

Can you please provide the Google+ URL for your business (or the Maps listing)?

Also do you own the other business SSR? Apart from sharing the same address, does it also share the same phone number as SSA?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
https://goo.gl/maps/mSCXfL87jpD2

Different phone numbers. 0207 706 2018 SSR + 0207 706 5250 SSA

I have to remove the SSA number from the listing because we were getting a bunch of calls for the other business. For some reason the other number is still there. I do know who owns the other business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's all gone a bit quiet? When I send queries through the help system they email back with random waffle that has no relation to my original problem.

How can I get this resolved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nothing? This whole process has been an absolute farce and google have been no help whatsoever in getting it resolved.

Jokers.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi James

My apologies - time got away from me and I missed your latest notifications. I noticed there are two listings for Ship Shape Accounting:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ship+Shape+Accounting+Ltd/@51.5162941,-0.1738847,15z/data=!4m5!3...

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Ship+Shape+Accounting+Ltd/@51.5162496,-0.1759367,17z/data=!3m1!...

(one of which I presume is the merged Ship Shape Resources page) but neither of them has been claimed. From your earlier posts I thought you had control over the SSA page - is this not the case?

If you do not have control over the page - i.e have not yet verified the correct page, then can you please go ahead and do that. Once that's done I'll be better able to push this forward via my CM.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Currently waiting for the postcard to arrive with the password......

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No postcard to arrive yet.

However when you search Ship Shape Pay on google my details for Ship Shape Accounting come up on the right hand side.

This is unacceptable and I am receiving hundreds of call for this company.

The businesses should not be associated. Can you remove that link?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi James

I need to get that page verified first - if you haven't received the postcard then you'll need contact GMB support directly via this link: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

You can ask them at the same time whether they can disengage the two pages but I think it will need to be escalated. Worth trying though.

Removing old reviews when a business has been taken over

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  I am in the same situation.  Can you help me remove old reviews from the business I took over.

Thanks,

Kacey