AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Removing old reviews after purchasing a business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello - 

My business partner and I recently purchased a business which received some bad reviews while it was under the previous owners. How would I go about having those removed? I can provide proof of business sale and other information through e-mail.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
1 month ago

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @mattmclaughlinnet

You will want to contact Google My Business support via this form or twitter (you can contact them on other social media channels as well) and ask them to for help. 

They do not have to remove them if the business address, business name, and the industry have not changed, but sometimes they do when presented with strong evidence, so, it's worth a shot.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any ideas for this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
1 month ago

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @mattmclaughlinnet

You will want to contact Google My Business support via this form or twitter (you can contact them on other social media channels as well) and ask them to for help. 

They do not have to remove them if the business address, business name, and the industry have not changed, but sometimes they do when presented with strong evidence, so, it's worth a shot.