4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Removing an old address in Google Maps for a business that has moved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who has moved her business to a new location in the same town. I want to remove the old location because it is confusing people and making it look like she is out of business. The best I have done is had the old location tagged with "Permanently Closed" - which again, makes people think that she has closed her business.

Here's a link to her correct location:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Otto+Florist+%26+Gifts-Official+Site/@42.2605078,-72.2410018,18z/d...

And I've attached a screen shot showing the old and present addresses.

Clark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing an old address in Google Maps for a business that has moved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Clark

I've escalated this to our CM to see if she can assist.

By the way, I understand why you did it, but having 'official site' in your GMB listing doesn't meet Google's guidelines so I've recommended it be removed, to prevent any possible penalty action being taken against that listing.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Removing an old address in Google Maps for a business that has moved

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Clark

The changes have been made now and any search for your client's business will bring up the correct location.

As I mentioned in my earlier post please remove the 'official site' part of the page's title - this is against Google's guidelines and may incur a search penalty for your client's business.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog