Guide Me
star_border

Removing a Listing That Is No Longer Accurate

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

I work for Rosen Law Firm (https://plus.google.com/+RosenLawFirmRaleigh). We're located at 4101 Lake Boone Trail #118, Raleigh, NC 27607 and our phone number is (919) 787-6668.

We were going through listings for our business and found that Google Maps has a listing for an attorney who no longer works with us. When she left, it appears she closed out the listing by saying the business was closed.

raleigh law.png

We'd like this listing removed altogether, as we're afraid anyone who may find it by mistake might think our business is closed rather than the fact that she's just no longer working for us. Sending feedback via Maps only allows us to say whether or not the business is closed, and the "Need More Help?" feature on the Google Business pages only provides suggestions, not a place to submit feedback. How can we resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Charlie
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing a Listing That Is No Longer Accurate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Charles M

it isn't intended to remove listings marked as "Permanently closed" as the listing "Fritts, Janet L - Rosen Law Firm" is such..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

She put her listing with our name on it, not just her personal contact details as a lawyer. From my understanding, individuals are not supposed to list the name of the business when placing a listing in order to prevent this from happening. We really just don't want anyone who might have received her contact info under Rosen Law Firm in the past to look her up on Google with our name and think our business is "closed" rather than that she just left to work elsewhere. Is it possible for us to at least have the name "Rosen Law Firm" removed from her listing, since she herself was never the entity "Rosen Law Firm", but simply an employee with us? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm afraid @Charles M

wondering why at the time she works at this location for you nobody told her she is misusing the brand of your law firm.

Don't you think it is now bit late?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We weren't even aware that she had done this. We recently started using Moz Pro for managing all of our listings and saw there was a duplicate on Google, as well as on several other search engines and listing sites. So far, the others have let us remove her listing. Not sure why Google would be any different.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, if the feedback on Google is not intended to do anything with listings that are "permanently closed", if I suggest to Google that it's actually open, will we have some pull then?