AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Remove duplicate location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have requested both as an owner and manager to remove a duplicate listing - We got a one star review for conflict of reasons as well, but since the business already exists might as well Remove. Please Advise.

This is the Business to Remove:

1. Dr. Bill Cloke
  2. 12011 San Vicente Blvd Suite 225A, Los Angeles, CA 90049
  3. (310) 440-0156
  4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dr.+Bill+Cloke/@34.0523962,-118.4734051,15z
  5. www.billcloke.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

G will not remove the listing. If there is a another listing other than the one you provided, then that one and this one will need to be merged. The one you listed here is claimed. Do you have access to that one? I can take a look and advise if you can provide the Maps link to the other one.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI @Jonathan E

the link you provided under 4. shows me a empty map

I hower found two other  URLs

https://goo.gl/maps/URWauLheuTK2

and 

https://goo.gl/maps/5BgfGVXiAxk

Since both ar verified you can ask Google Business Supprot to merge both listings 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage both so my main concern is this false one-star review that shows up on https://goo.gl/maps/5BgfGVXiAxk.

Can't we just remove it ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I remove the listing without Google Photos? That doesn't make sense ??

Are you sure you want to delete Dr. Bill Cloke, 12011 San Vicente Boulevard Suite 225A, Los Angeles, California 90049-4922? You may not be able to recover all of this account's data if you change your mind. You can transfer ownership of Dr. Bill Cloke instead of deleting it.

If you delete this account:
  • All of its content will be deleted, including posts, videos and photos.
  • Managers won't be able to access it.
  • Associated AdWords Express ads will become inactive.
  • Any websites published using Google My Business will also be unpublished and deleted.

All this content will be deleted

Note: the list below may not contain every Google service affected by your deletion, such as services Google no longer supports. Your data will be deleted from these services as well.

Photos
5,708 photos will be deleted ????

Doesn't make sense... Can I transfer ownership to another gmail without any photos and then remove ?? 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to have those listings merged. G will not merge 2 claimed listings. You will need to the make necessary changes in the dash (since you said you have control of both) so that both listings match EXACTLY. Same name, address, phone, site, category, etc. Once you're done with that, then remove the one you don't want to keep from your dashboard. This will make the one you don't want to control "unclaimed". When both are live and all info matches, there will be one claimed and one unclaimed, then contact GMB support on Facebook or Twitter (best way IMO) and request that they merge the 2 into the one listing you control (the claimed one). I've used this method many times with no problems.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Scott,

Thanks for the response. Sounds little convoluted too me. Maybe go a different route basically the main issue is getting rid of an unjustified one star review. What's the best way to go out about getting it removed? Flagging it doesn't seem to do much and even after merging not sure it would be removed. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Flagging it really doesn't do much and it's extremely difficult to get a review removed on G, unless it's breaking the review guidelines or the law. But you could have several different people flag it from different areas (IP addresses). Not sure why you think it's unjustified, but I would recommend responding to it in some way. And you still need to get those 2 listings merged. It will not remove that review, but merging is what I would recommend.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for all your help.