4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Remove business OR address and phone number from google maps listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had my home phone number for the past 10 years at the same address. Apparently G.... Automotive had the same number over a decade ago. The company doesn't exists or no longer exists. I have been getting calls frequently for this business over the years, but now there is an increase of Robo calls, people from Google wanting me to verified business listing, and lots of business merchants, I cannot add a number to the Do Not Call list fast enough before they call again. I am clearing over 50 messages per/week from my answering services.   I am begging you, please remove my number from their Google listing. Hope someone will get back to me for the information. I'm afraid to put the rest of their info for fears of more calls.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Violet R
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Violet

If the business is no longer around, you can mark the listing as closed.

Search for the business by name.  If the box on the right side of the screen shows, then scroll to the bottom of that display and look for a little "feedback" link.  Then mark the business as closed.  Google makes it incredibly hard to remove phone numbers.

If the listing is marked as closed hopefully that will reduce the calls. Google can't control what companies do with phone numbers once they have them, so hopefully this will be enough to make a dent.

If they are simply at a new location or simply have a new phone number, contact the business and ask them to update their listing.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much, i will definitely try that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is exactly my life right now!  2018. It is Google itself that is causing the problem. Constant calls to verify my account that I don’t have. No one seems to be able to help. I am on Do Not Call list and block each call number but it never ends. I can’t access the old business listing because it is not mine. It’s not so much individuals calling, but friggin Google to update and verify my business listing!!  Any suggestions???  Someone calls 4 or 5 times a day!!  If I speak to someone, they say they will remove the listing from THEIR list, but I think my phone number is on hundreds of lists!!!

Re: Remove business OR address and phone number from google maps listing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @elva a

Chances are incredibly high that the "google" calls you're receiving are *not* from Google, they are from scammers. Scammers seem to care not one whit about laws or honouring DNC registers.
Here's more information:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6212928

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog