AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Remove GMB Association?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

While working within my MCC with a new client, I inadvertently associated my GMB management account while setting up a location extension.

Now, all of my GMB client profiles are appearing in the Shared Library > Business Data > Google My Business Locations.  Obviously, I don't want all of my managed GMB location data showing up in this particular client's Adwords account. 

I attempted to "Remove" the association, but the Adwords platform will not allow me to do so.

UPDATE:

My post was moved from Adwords to Google My Business, however, this can be resolved within the Adwords platform.

To remove GMB locations that were accidentally sync'd via Shared Library > Business Data > +Data 

Navigate to Campaigns > Ad Extensions > Location Extensions

Scroll down to view the existing Location Extensions and check the box related to the sync'd GMB locations - click Remove.

In retrospect, I should have created a Filter to parse single location data related to the specific GMB account I was working with. Alternatively, a provision

exists within the Shared Library > Business Data to Request to Link a GMB location to Adwords.

I hope someone finds this info. useful.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remove GMB Association?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for posting the update and solution to the issue @Dino B

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.