AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Registering a location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am going to be using a consulting room within a Pharmacy and have attempted to register the location, however, it is already registered on Google. Is there a way around this without transferring ownership or adding a manager as our service/web details are quite different. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Registering a location

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Pinnaclear E,

A few questions:

1) Will you be doing business under the pharmacy’s name, or under a different name?

2) Do the consulting room and the pharmacy have distinct entrances?

3) Does your practice and the pharmacy have distinct working hours?

4) Could you please mention complete name, address of the listing that you are referring to, in your statement “and have attempted to register the location, however, it is already registered on Google. Is there a way around this without transfer”.

Thank you.

Registering a location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

1. No, the business will be under a different name

2. The same main entrance

3. Flexible bookings within the same working hours

4. This is what i'm trying to register: 

PinnaClear, Elliotts Pharmacy Consulting Room, 60 Seymour Grove, Manchester, M16 0LN

Many thanks!

Registering a location

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Pinnaclear E,

Profound apologies for the late reply, it appears I did not receive the email notification for your reply.

In your future replies, please remember to tag me by typing this: @Time Lord, or any other user when you are replying, as this ensures that email notifications are delivered.

Regarding your issue, on searching for "PinnaClear, Elliotts Pharmacy Consulting Room, 60 Seymour Grove, Manchester, M16 0LN", this was the only listing that I was able to find:

a) Name: Elliotts Pharmacy

b) Address: 60 Seymour Grove, Stretford, Manchester M16 0LN, UK

c) Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps?cid=17404321142980968163

If this is the listing that you are trying to claim ownership of, I'm afraid that this is not the correct process to follow and is in fact contrary to the guidelines (Google My Business Help -> Guidelines for representing your business on Google) that state: 

"Only business owners or authorized representatives may verify and manage their business information on Google My Business. If you wish to share management access to your listing with others, you can add a manager."

Essentially, you are not the owner of Elliot's Pharmacy and hence are not eligible to claim the listing.

Please proceed to add a new listing for your business at this address: "60 Seymour Grove, Manchester, M16 0LN", in the name of "PinnaClear", by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Add or claim your business listing.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this thread.

Also, if any specific error is shown to you while following the aforementioned process, please make sure to include a screenshot showing the error, in your reply.

Thank you.