Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Regaining Ownership of my Page in google Maps

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have the same problem ,could you pls help me with that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Without any more information, we cannot help. Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Regaining Ownership of my Page in google Maps

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
*Listing #1*

Name: Mee Garden
Address: 13 Polly Drummond Shopping Center, Newark, DE 19711, USA
Phone: (203) 227-5125
Maps URL:
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Mee+Garden/@39.719066,-75.7128757,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x...

*Listing #2*
Name: Hometown Chinese Restaurant
Address: 3105 Texas Ave #500, Bryan, TX 77802, USA
Phone: 979-779-8885
Maps URL:
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Hometown+Chinese+Restaurant/@34.5105754,-113.6248475,6z/data=!4m...

*Issue:*
We requested owner access to the above two listings on November 9, 14 and
21,2017 .Each time we received a confirmation email and said we need to
wait for 7 days for the current owner reply.But after 7 days when I go back
to the original confirmation email ,it shows request no valid and there is
no options to appeal or verify the listing.

We have contacted GMB Support on multiple occasions via phone, email, and
live chat, but are not getting any results. They said the current owner
denied and we need to request again ,but unlike before there is no denied
email received,and the confirmation email just said the request is no
valid.Is there anyway to solve this issue???

Re: Regaining Ownership of my Page in google Maps

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @zhang f

OK I can see Mee Garden now routes through to a Chinese Meals Online site, not the one provided here.  That one seems straightforward.  You don't have control of that listing and you want it back so you can fix the website, is that right?

The second one is not so clear.

The URLs for the Hometown restaurant don't seem right, can you confirm what's provided is correct. The Hometown website you've provided also goes to a Chinese Meals Online site, even though the listing goes to localwiki.  And the listing is unverified.  Which website is it supposed to go to?

Does either restaurant have an affiliation with Chinese Meals Online?

Is the Hometown restaurant closed or open?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1.Mee Garden

The current website was linked to www.meegardennewark.com , it was controlled by third party named CHINESE MENU ONLINE ,but now we stop corporation with this company , and they stop provide website service for us ,so I want my listing back because I need to correct our website.Our new website is www.meegarden.com

2.Hometown Chinese Restaurant 

It's the same issue as Mee Garden,we want our listing back so we can correct our website.

We tried to regain and made several request ,but each time the confirmation email turned to be no valid ,and there was no appeal button.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @zhang f,

I can escalate this to Google for you, but I still have some questions.

One key question - Did you initially have these listings claimed on one of your own Google accounts, or did you let CMO claim / create the listings for the restaurants?  This detail matters because Google normally puts the listings back on the account that originally claimed the listings. If that isn't an account you own, then I need to make a special note to Google to do differently.

I also need you to answer the question about whether Hometown is still operating. A number of sources say this restaurant is closed. If it is, does it have a website and could you please provide me current photos of the front of the shop, complete with signage and hours.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MargaretO

Hi,

1.Mee Graden is in my account :edtinc2013@gmail.com ,but it shows access needed ,however it seems no valid.

2.Hometown Chinese Restaurant is in my account: fiona201106@gmail.com , I finished verification successfully ,but it shows access needed too ,so I made request ,but after several days the confirmation email shows valid.Hometown is operating.

Thanks for your help!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @zhang f

Please confirm whether you originally created and originally claimed these listings? Or did Chinese menu online?

Since you have a website for mee garden, for your own protection in the future, can you supply a mee garden domain email address? 

Do you have a website for hometown? If so, what is the address and can you supply a email address from that domain as well.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MargaretO

Hi,I  just confirmed that Chinese Menu Online created it originally.

Sorry that we do not have domain email right now ,but we can provide our business license if you need.The website fir Hometown Chinese Restaurant is http://hometownbryan.com/.

Thanks for your help !

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @zhang f

OK, the fact that they set the listings up in the first place is going to make this more difficult. 
It also means it is going to be incredibly easy for CMO to get the listings back off you, even if we do get them transferred.

I'll escalate this to Google for you, mention the CMO situation, and hopefully they'll take the needed action.

In the meantime, I strongly urge you to get an email from each of the domains of the websites, and once you have control of the listings, switch that email over as the primary owner.   This will make it much more difficult for CMO to regain control of your listings again.

Based on comments from others, do it quickly.  Hijackers have been known to take control back of listings within 2 weeks, sometimes quicker.

Articles that will help you with ownership transferring - 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281

Find me on · · my blog