5.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Regain access to Google+ Brand page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, our company had an employee who left and is not providing credentials for the Google+ page they managed for our company. The page is a brand page (not local business), so I am unsure of how to regain control. The page was very active and had a lot of followers and engagement (and vanity URL) so we do not want to start a new one. Any help would be much appreciated. We are a large well known brand and can provide proof of ownership of the site the page represents.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Regain access to Google+ Brand page

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Logan,

I have never really came across the issue of reclaiming a brand google+ page and have never seen any useful articles, might be worth giving google my business support a call and explain the situation.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Logan A

as per Helmut's answer over here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Verification/Unable-to-Regain-Access-to-Company-Google-Pag...

there is no way to reclaim ownership of a Brand page unfortunately. 

The only thing you can do is set up a new Brand page and then report the older one for impersonation.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I can see why this might not be the best direction to go in, but you could always try a threatening legal letter or two to scare a little more sense into the wayward ex employee. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.