2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Recovering Google My Business Permissions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No one at my company seems to know who started our Google My Business account, so I do not have access to the log in information. Our company recently moved locations and I need to update our location on Google Maps. Any suggestions for how I can recover the account and change the address?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Recovering Google My Business Permissions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Reagan,

You can create a new Google account and sign-in to Google my business, then follow the steps mentioned in the link:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi @Reagan R,

I wanted to let you know that I moved your post over to the Google My Business Community.

@Archit, thanks so much for chiming in here!  In this case, I would actually recommend starting by going through the account recovery flow, or check out this article (the same one that Archit had sent through before!) on what to do if someone else owns your business account. The second option is a bit lengthier of a process, but would be a good option if the first one doesn't work.

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!

Liz

GMB Community Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I made a google plus account last year. I hadn't logged onto for awhile and when I logged on today, I discovered I can't edit my google plus page. Instead of an edit profile button, there's a manage account button.
When I click it, it takes me to a page with the google business app download. I can't get the app, my phone won't support it and I don't want anymore apps.

There's a person who's been harassing me for quite some time and I think he somehow linked a business to my google plus page and has taken control over it.

I'm alarmed if this is the case. It doesn't appear as though google plus is very secure if random people can gain access and control over another persons page without permission. I can't even delete the page. I have no idea what business is linked to my page. This is disturbing to say the least!

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi @jane s,

This sounds to be a bit of a different issue from the initial thread. The quickest way to get an answer is to start your own separate thread. Please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thanks,

Liz

GMB Community Manager