Recover Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Full Business Name: The Creek Tavern

Address: 172 Karawatha Drive Mountain Creek QLD

Phone: +61754781333

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/115893664956492768975/about

We have lost track of which email address is associated with this Google+ account as the person who set everything up had left the company. 

We'd like to recover the ownership of our Google My Business account please. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Recover Ownership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Mt Creek T

you have to follow this procedure:

Someone else verified my business

Recover Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, 

I read the procedure you provided,I'm afraid it doesn't really help us a lot here...

It says when you can't contact the current listing owner, navigate to Google My Business and sign in to Google using the account you use to manage your business.

Our business was already verified by one of our previous IT managers who had left us, and we don't have any relevant information at all.

Meaning, we have no idea what the previous email address was used to verify the account, nor the password. 

Therefore we can't sign in to Google using that email account. We also can't reset the password without knowing what the email address is in the first place.

Even if we manage to somehow contacted the listing owner via email, that email account is no longer monitored by anyone. The last person who was monitoring it is the IT manager, and as mentioned he's left the company. 

So the notification email would simply sit there in the old email address's inbox, and nothing would happen. 

Hope this makes sense, and please let us know if there are other ways to recover our ownership. 

Thank you. 

Re: Recover Ownership

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Mt Creek T

step 1 of the HC article tells oyu to go to http://business.google.com/add

Doing  it you are requested  creating the listing  using exactly the same content as it exist (as created and verified by your former employee)

Doing this you should see this:

Screenshot 2016-12-16 at 14.34.38.png

clicking the liitle narrow at right in the window yo will get 

Screenshot 2016-12-16 at 14.35.01.png

clicking then at "Request ownership"  the options as below:

Screenshot 2016-12-16 at 14.38.43.png

Re: Recover Ownership

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Mt Creek T and @Helmut Geissler

Just wanted to add a comment here because I think I know what might be causing at least some of the confusion:

Step two from the article:

2. Sign in to Google using the account you use to manage your business.

This can be misunderstood as meaning to use the Google account that manages the listing, which would not be possible since you don't have access to that account. I think it could be better stated as "Sign in to the Google using the account you WANT to use to manage THE LISTING".

I've also noticed that the drop-down menu doesn't always appear (as stated in step 4) so you can't always select it as it states in the article. I think Helmut experienced the same and suggested a good alternative. I think either way will work but you will likely have to fill out all of the fields using the same content as it exists (as Helmut said).

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Recover Ownership

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks so much @TomW for your valuable comment.

While starting to write a complaint to Google about the supposed outdateness of "Someone else verified my business"

I noticed bit later I'm wrong. 

the HC below the headline "Can't contact the current listing owner"

writes literally "Navigate to Google My Business" and I took it (mistakenly !!!) as the normal link to my  dashboard.

But the HC linked instead to "http://business.google.com/add" 

and following this link its almost exactly the same what I told being a workaround.

Therefore I can now withdraw my phrase "the HC article I linked you seems completely outdated" and will edit the previous post accordingly.

Thanks again Tom

Recover Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sir i mistankenly granted ownership to other person.

now the google business shows i am the manager and the other person is primary owner.

how can i gain my ownrship back?