AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Hi jacked listing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MargaretO

we have consistently hacked by 3rd party ordering company without any code our side. now this week beyond menu hacked and showing our official listing as duplicate location

Screen Shot 04-06-18 at 02.07 PM.PNGScreen Shot 04-06-18 at 02.08 PM.PNGhacking our listing by beyond menu

official site: indiasoven.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sridhar S

Will escalate to Google. Thank you for reporting.

Just out of curiosity - is the ownership email you're using a gmail or one from "indiasoven.com"?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @sridhar s

The listing is now unverified - please hop in and claim it quickly. BM have a habit of being fast at reclaiming.  

If you continue to experience this issue please proceed by following the automated ownership process outlined here .

I also strongly recommend you claim the listing using an email that reflects the domain name of the website. As an example - fred@indiasoven.com.

I also recommend you log in regularly and check your listing for edits.  Hijacking efforts can start with small edits that may go unnoticed initially.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MargaretO

Thanks a lot. they are keep hacking after ownership claimed.  we don't have any idea their hacking strategy for false ownership claims.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MargaretO

we are small marketing firm to support local business in LA community. our business owner hired to support their online operation. we are getting multiple false claims under same account. they are sending emails frequently and latter same listing found as duplicate location

owner are keep frustrate their hacks. we are claiming same business multiple times within a month. how they are hacking without codes and making original listing as duplicates

Screen Shot 04-10-18 at 11.53 AM.PNG

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Sridhar S

Thank you for the look at that.
Can you send a list of the restaurants they're attempting to hijack?  The map URL will be helpful.
If you don't want to provide it publicly (they may well be watching the forum), feel free to post the link to your website using my private form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScab-dFFGRhWPhz3YVjq9yk270A9PsTr4YIQ9uTkeowOemXnQ/viewform

I'll then send this information to Google - hopefully they will be able action the info.  
One thing I cannot see in your image (I would like to be able to), is the dates of the requests.  

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I will create new thread followup all fake claims from Beyond Menu. i will provide owner response emails as copy. how we can stop this many fake claims?.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Sridhar S

I wish I had an answer for you.

My hope is that by forwarding the listings they're targeting, it can be helpful to the team dealing with the continued hijacking by BM and others.

rather than creating a new thread, please post here so it can be seen as a continuation of the same core issue.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MargaretO 

They started again to hack multiple emails. i will send all the business info, map url and hacked site info. how can we prevent these guys to hack owner own business listings?

we fixed last friday and hacking again today for ala carte thai. owner are fedup this hacks every week. Screen Shot 05-02-18 at 09.38 AM.PNGScreen Shot 05-02-18 at 08.51 AM.PNGScreen Shot 05-02-18 at 08.49 AM 001.PNGScreen Shot 05-02-18 at 08.49 AM.PNG

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @sridhar s

I have forwarded this information to Google and given them a bit of a poke about this problem. Hopefully we'll get something better than Google is looking into it.

Will keep you posted.

Find me on · · my blog