5.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Purple Cup Drive Thru

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I helped design this website and the owner wanted help with google my business and somehow I am now the owner. She assures me she has onership but it still comes up under mine. I don't want to jeopardise her account, What should I do.

Many thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Purple Cup Drive Thru

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tanzi,
Starting a few days ago it is possible for listings to have more than one owner.
Any chance that the business owner gave you also ownership of the listings?
https://support.google.com/business/answer/4573962

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. My answer is probably lol but I find navigating all this google stuff so confusing and I don't want to duplicate anything by mistake and get in trouble for it.
I guess I'll wait and see.

Thanks again

Regards
Tanya Byham
WANAUS Web Design
A division of WANAus
Phone 1300 132 603
www.wanauswebdesign.com.au
[16CF13B9]

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Welcome to the forums, so by default when you set it up under your account that would be listed as Owner as you can now have multiple owners currently but I have not tried that just yet..

Transferring Ownership is easy and if you still want to help with posting etc you still can as a Manager

First Login to your Google My Business Dashboard https://business.google.com/manage/

then click manage listing you will then go to the top right where your icon is and drop down the menu > Next go to Settings

and then from the top-middle navigation you will see Managers ..

Next you will create your client as a Manager an email will go out for them to accept .

Once they accept then you can move ownership to that account and done... Your account will then become a Manager :)

I hope this helps ...