Problems claiming service area business - no help from GMB support[ Edited ]
November - last edited December
We've been trying to help a client regain ownership of their GMB listing (which is an SAB) for a couple months now, and GMB support is just sending us in circles.
1. Full business name: Foothill Grounds Inc
2. Current business address: 7283 N. Camino De Oeste Tucson, AZ 85741
3. Current telephone number: 520-744-6699
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Foothill+Grounds+Incemail@example.com,-111.0341183,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s...
5. Website (if applicable): http://www.foothillgrounds.com/
- We attempted to claim the page via the normal ownership transfer request process, described here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en&ref_topic=4854130
- It was clear that this method was simply going to create an additional listing (which we did not want).
- We reached out to GMB support via Facebook to help us send the ownership request email
- "P.S." of GMB support directed us back to the original link and had us follow the Fix Issue prompts. They suggested it would lead to the option of contacting support directly. It does not (see images).
- Hoping that "P.S." knew what they were talking about, we followed the prompts which, as expected, created a new duplicate listing, that we now have verified.
- We reached back out to "P.S." explaining that their method did not work and restated the problem
- "D" responded this time, with the same instructions as "P.S."
- Crossing our fingers that GMB Twitter support would be more helpful, we sent the same request to them.
- "P.M." responded with the same (non-working) instructions as "P.S." and "D"
This experience is making start to worry that GMB Facebook/Twitter support is becoming as (un)helpful as phone support.
So now we have two problems that need fixing:
- We still need someone at GMB to trigger and "ownership transfer request" email to the owner of the original listing: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Foothill+Grounds+Incfirstname.lastname@example.org,-111.0341183,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s...
- Then, once we have gained ownership access for the client, we need to merge with it our newly created duplicate listing that was the result of P.S.'s erroneous instructions. The verified duplicate is here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Foothill+Grounds+Incemail@example.com,-111.0654907,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...