My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with deleting duplicate My Business listing that is tied to a previous G+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I am currently the admin for two My Business Listings, 1) URBN Playground and 2) Urbn Playground.

#2 is a listing that (from the My Business dashboard) is not verified, but seems to have been automatically created some time back when we set up a Google+ page for the company. I have tried requesting a verification postcard, but when I click the button to request a postcard, it shows an error message "Request failed". 

So I tried creating #1, a brand new and separate listing directly on My Business (not from Google+), and it allowed me to request a verification code and I have successfully verified the business location. However, the information is still not showing up in Google search and there is a message at the top of #1's profile page that says it is a duplicate of an acccount that has "already been verified" (even though #2 is still showing as unverified and I cannot edit the information on the listing). 

I can't find any way to delete #2, however, My Business gives me the option to delete #1. I'm worried if I delete #1, I would be able to verify and edit the information in #2. If I keep #1, #2's details (eg business hours and photos) still keep showing up on Google search and I keep being told it is a duplicate account. 

The phone number for both listings is (212) 920-4299 and address is 25 West 84th Street #5G New York City, NY 10024. Supposedly I am an admin of both listing yet am facing this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Problem with deleting duplicate My Business listing that is tied to a previous G+ page

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You will need to click on the address for listing 2 and then click on the drop for close or remove this listing and select remove listing. Then you will be able to delete all of the information associated with it. 

Re: Problem with deleting duplicate My Business listing that is tied to a previous G page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, thanks for the reply but it's not allowing me to delete the listing.