AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with My Business ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have a problem with page ownership. There is a 1 admin and 1 manager (myself) on our account. I would need to give access to other persons in our company but we are not able to do that, since the admin cannot be contacted and the email doesn´t exist anymore. How can i gain ownership of the account to be able to add more managers?

Problem with My Business ownership

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning Sanna. When you say the admin can't be contacted did you contact them through Google My Business request outlined here? If you can't talk to the person directly this is the first step to get the ball rolling for you.

Re: Problem with My Business ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

@Matt M wrote:

Good morning Sanna. When you say the admin can't be contacted did you contact them through Google My Business request outlined here? If you can't talk to the person directly this is the first step to get the ball rolling for you.

The person who is the admin of the account is unfortunately passed away. I am only one with the access to the brand account at the moment and moving on with my career and need to get the access to my colleagues. I can see that i am a manager of a brand account which is connected also to our YouTube and Google+ Channel. If we proceed with the steps provided in that link, will my colleagues received an access to these account - if they gain the ownership?