AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Problem adding manager/owner on Google My Business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was asked to manage a business for a client months ago. I am also their client (auto mechanic). They don't want to manage the page, and I don't mind managing it, but it comes up under my personal Google account, rather than my business account; thus, I have to login to google through my personal account, which is frustrating, because I keep all business seperated from personal.

So the answer is obviously to add a manager, which I have done many times over the past several months, but my other account never receives an invite, and there is no way to accept the invite.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian D
June 2016

Re: Problem adding manager/owner on Google My Business.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brian

Have you tried going to plus.google.com and visiting the page itself once you're logged in under the business account? Usually, if you do that you'll see the option to start managing the page if your account has been invited.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian D
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brian

Have you tried going to plus.google.com and visiting the page itself once you're logged in under the business account? Usually, if you do that you'll see the option to start managing the page if your account has been invited.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. You are awesome!
2. You have to go back to classic Google+ for that to work.
3. Google really needs to improve Google My Business. I am having a number of confusing and frustrating issues! Another issue that I am having is in regards to managing businesses. I manage businesses for my clients, but they are listed under locations for my business. I have not been able to move them to a separate business account under Google My Business. Anyway, it's a minor issue, thanks for your help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Glad I was able to help Brian - and yes I only work in classic Google + so sorry for not saying that up front :)