AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Previous owner won't respond to ownership transfer request

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Marché Belles Chutes (previously Marché Richelieu - Alimentation M.B. Inc.)

2. Current business address: 56 Avenue Ruel, Ville de Québec, QC G1C 2E1 Canada
3. Current telephone number: (418) 661-2605
4. Google Maps URL

Hi community,

I have acquired this business over a year ago. Recently, I realized that the business' listing on Google Maps still has the old business name, and the listing is also still owned by the old ownership. I've sent an ownership transfer request on June 24th, and have received no response since then. I have also not received any instructions regarding how can I recover ownership in another way if I don't receive a response within 7 days. Please help! Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I escalated your issue to Google 

( # 796 )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thank you! By your experience, how long does it usually take for Google to reach out to me? And in what form (e.g. a phone call, an email)?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

hi @Yan Wei

you seem misunderstanding the purpose of my escalation.

It's not to reach out once more the actual owner/manager of the listing but to check out why he didn't respond or what the next steps should be.

Since my escalation is just from yesterday and we shouldn't expect Google is waiting on such escalations to get rid of their boredom we have to be bit more patient until we get a reply on my escalation from  Google.

I'm conviced they will take soon a look on the escalation record in their queue of escalations.

YOu btw shouldn't post here without tagging me properly:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Thanks for the clarification! I was asking because my clients are getting confused, as on Maps they still see the business as under the Marche Richelieu banner. They often come to my business with the expectation that special prices from that banner will be honored, and leave disappointed.

Anyway, let's wait for Google to go through the process.

Thanks again for taking your time to help!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Yan Wei

Google came back to me informing me about fact not mentiond by in this thread yet.

you or your client requested ownership last time on the 16th August (instead as mentioned by you in June)

They decided to deal with this most recent request.

This means: lets give us another 5 days to see if you/your client can request the pin and transfer ownership themselves.

If the owner accepts the new request and then demotes you/ your client again to managers or communication manager rather the ownership please let me know immediately on 22nd August.

I will then forward this bad doing to Google and I'm sure they will take appropriate action.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Yeah, I sent another request just before I originally posted this post, though I did send a request on June 24th with no responses received from any party whatsoever. I still have the confirmation email (sent by google-my-business-noreply@google.com) in my mailbox from June 24th. It even contains a link to view the status of the request (https://business.google.com/add/adminroleclaim/review?arci=639160&hl=zh-CN). Curiously, this link now leads to a 404. Could this have been be a bug?

Anyway, I'm OK with waiting another few days. Thanks for keeping track of the situation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

More than 7 full days have passed since my latest request. What happens next?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Ok - now (and as promised) I will forward this facts to Google.

Please don't try an other time to request the ownership unless google will give us new directions.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Yan Wei

there are new directions from Google to fix oyur issue:

the user shouldn't need to request it again, they should have seen a banner in their dashboard that allows them to request a PIN and verify they are the rightful owner.

Please check your dashboard accordingly