AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Post Rejection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we're SG Petch Ltd the car dealership. This morning we posted on one of our our Google business listings an image of a Kia Sat Nav, which was taken by us on our premises. The post contained information to our Kia customers that there's a new Sat Nav map update available, with an estimation of how long the job would take as well as the dealership contact number to get the update done. The post was rejected but we can't fathom out why. No copyright breaches as far as we can see. As a dealership we have a duty of care to our customers to keep them informed of updates. Naturally we sent out an email to each of our customers in our database, but not everybody reads email, so we want to put the update out to as many places as we can.

Here's the post in question. It was posted on our Darlington business listing here - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/SG+Petch+Darlington/@54.5307551,-1.5238387,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...

Any insights into why Google rejected this would be much appreciated.

Our contact number is Jon Wright, on telephone 01325 488886 and head office address is McMullen Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 1XZ. Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.09.22.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SG P
2w

Re: Post Rejection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut, we finally got to the bottom of it. It was simply because the post had our telephone number in the post. As soon as we removed it the post was published.

View solution in original post

Post Rejection

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

At the moment I don't hav any idea either  (except -perhaps- you have  too much photos coming with your listing)

Canyou please try posting it without the photo -just to know whther thephotois triggering the rejection?

Once we know this can you  please provide (including it) here  the photo in question for betterinvestigation?

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply Helmut.

We tried posting without the image and got an instant rejection - see screenshot. We've reached out to Google but still waiting for a reply.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 09.22.18.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SG P
2w

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut, we finally got to the bottom of it. It was simply because the post had our telephone number in the post. As soon as we removed it the post was published.