AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Possible Hijacker?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am seeking some help. I have seen my listed hours change to say that I am closed on the weekends. I have sent in two requests to change the hours, in two weeks, but no changes have been made.

When I further investigated, it appears that someone else verified ownership of my business. I have gone through the process to try and have them relinquish ownership, but I am concerned that if this is someone trying to hurt my business it seems unlikely that they will hand over.

While I wait out the period in the hope of having the admin rights handed over, is it not at least possible to have the hours correctly listed? I am losing weekend business because people think we are closed.

Playful Potter

East Prater Way, Sparks, Nevada

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Possible Hijacker?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Carole-Ann

I"ve just done a search for your business and this result came up: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Playful+Potter/@39.5416231,-119.7193414,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0... with the following business hours
Tuesday 10am–6:30pm
Wednesday 10am–8:30pm
Thursday Closed
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday 12–5pm
Monday 10am–6:30pm

Looking at your website these appear to be the correct opening hours but can you please confirm that?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for looking into this so quickly. I think that I may have made contact with the verified owner, so I hope to resolve the issues soon.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Excellent news Carole-Ann. Good luck with the handover.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The owner has lost the request info email. Would I be able to re-request via Google within the 1 week wait period?

In the meantime I may need your help to change the hours to be:
Mon-Tues 10am-6:30pm
Wednesday-Saturday 10am-8:30pm
Sunday 12pm-5pm

Thank,
Carole-Ann

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The owner has lost the request info email. Would I be able to re-request via Google within the 1 week wait period?

In the meantime I may need your help to change the hours to be:
Mon-Tues 10am-6:30pm
Wednesday-Saturday 10am-8:30pm
Sunday 12pm-5pm

Thank,
Carole-Ann