AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership request - no response from current"Owner" of my listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have verified a new listing by both phone and by post and it was marked as a duplicate.  I was told to wait 7 days while ownership was requested from whoever controlled the original listing.  I waited a further 5 days because I was told to in a subsequent email.  When I replied to the email asking for the old listing to be removed I got a canned reply to go through verification all over again.  The opening times are wrong for the Google Places listing, completely wrong and I am losing business income because Google is displaying wrong information.  Please could someone help me.

Badshah Palace Wedding Hall Banqueting and Restaurant

Clifton Building, Walsall Rd, Birmingham B42 1LR

Here is the Plus page of the business listing for my business:

https://plus.google.com/+BadshahPalaceBirmingham/about

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ownership request - no response from current"Owner" of my listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Badshah P

You will need to verify again as instructed in the email. When you did the verification the first time there was already a verified listing present so yours got marked as a duplicate, which basically voided the verification that you did.

Google did release the original listing from the previous owner so when you go through the verification process this time you shouldn't have any problems and it won't be marked as a duplicate.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.