AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership request for MY business was denied, and no appeal available.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Marco's Pizza
2. 9635 S Bermuda Rd., Suite 140, Las Vegas, NV 89123
3. 702-202-2113
4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marco's+Pizza/@36.014137,-115.1571687,17z/data=!4m15!1m9!2m8!1sHot...
5. Website (if applicable)

Well someone claimed this business. It is mine and I can easily prove it by providing a state or county business license, lease agreement, or even by simply picking up the registered phone. I hate how easy it is for non-owners to claim businesses and how difficult it is for real owners to claim what they already own.

I sent a request to the fake owner and of course it was denied. There was no link to appeal in the email, so what am I suppose to do now?

I understand and appreciate the important of online listings. I want to respond to my customer reviews, update listing information, and post relevant pictures and content for my business. I am obviously unable to do so. Google really needs to change the way businesses are verified- ask for a lease agreement or business license. Something like that.

I have no idea how this impostor claimed my business- It's not even officially open until tomorrow. There is no way they claimed it via the telephone or a postcard if that's how it still works.

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue- like I said I can provide REAL documents proving this is my business.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We officially opened today and my listing information is incomplete and incorrect. Can anyone assist me?

Re: Ownership request for MY business was denied, and no appeal available.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone please help me? I can't find an email or phone number to contact google. There is no appeal option in the rejection email. I just sent the request again and they denied it.

Capture.JPG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess google just isn't going to help me, so I'm just going to post updates here.

Last week I called google again and they asked me to go outside, photograph the front of my store and upload it. I did and was told I would get access to my listing in 24-48 hours. Never worked.

Assuming I am just getting the runaround at this point.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh and I was also asked to create a duplicate listing and verify it via my business phone and it would replace the current listing. I did this too a few weeks ago and it just tells me it's a duplicate and I need to request access from the current owner.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi @Thomas S,

When the current claimant of the listing rejects your request, you should receive an email from google-my-business-noreply@google.com, with the subject as "Your request to access Marco's Pizza on Google My Business was rejected".

Also, the last paragraph of the email should say "If you would like to appeal the rejection, you may verify your affiliation with the business to gain action. Appeal Now".

Now, if you click on the "Appeal Now" link, you should be taken to a screen where you can proceed to verify your listing to claim ownership. 

Did you not receive this email? Have you already checked your spam folder?

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no option to appeal in the rejection emails.

Capture.JPG

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi @Thomas S,

Hmm. Yes, this does seem strange indeed. Unfortunately, I'm all out of ideas.

Thus I'm tagging @Helmut Geissler to see if he has any further insights into this issue.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Thomas S

I checked your listing and few others of the same franchise chain "Marco's Pizza" in Nevada and all of the Nevada listings I checked seem managed and verified by the same account: 

Screenshot 2017-11-28 at 19.43.44.png

This smells being an  bulk feed verified account and according my experience there is no chance to get it "released" from the verified bulk feed via the procedure you applied - wondering little bit the Google reps you seem contacted didn't gave you the advice I will give you  now:

Please contact your corporate and ask them to manage to direct the accounf holder "ma...@gmail.com" to make you at least a manager or co-owner of his listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue with a similar looking ma...@gmail.com account holding my verification. I work at an independent school and I am absolutely the person here who should have the own the listing. I guess I'll go through the report a problem process, but if you have any additional advice if it's definitely not a corporate owner, let me know.