Guide Me
star_border

Ownership process to claim listing is not working due to address being hidden

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Support Team,

The ownership process to claim this listing is not working.

Vanguard Cleaning Systems of Alberta (Edmonton)
Address: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Phone: +1 780-988-0590
https://plus.google.com/u/0/110913561020429484700

Vanguard Cleaning Systems of Alberta (Edmonton).png

It will not let us choose the listing.

What’s the best way to ask for ownership?

Thanks!

Christine@savvyk.com

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christine Y
February 2017

Re: Ownership process to claim listing is not working due to address being hidden

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christine Y

I had a similar situation a few months ago. Support was able to initiate the ownership request for me once I supplied some information including the business listing, my name, email, and consent to share my name and email with the current owner of the listing.

So I would do this:

From within your Google My Business dashboard click on the three horizontal line menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Support".
A menu will then drop down on the right side of the screen and there should be some options listed under "Contact us".

From there you should be able to select "Email"

Fill out the form with your name and the email address you want to use to request ownership.

For the problem you are experiencing choose 'Someone else owns or verified my business'

In the "Describe your problem" field:

Say that you need help initiating the ownership request and include the following information so they know which listing you are referring to:

http://maps.google.com/maps?cid=9136845859513804400

Also include the following sentence:
I give consent to share this information with the current owners of the Vanguard Cleaning Systems of Alberta (Edmonton) Google My Business listing.

That should be enough to get them to initiate the ownership request. If not, support should contact you with more info. Good luck!

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christine Y
February 2017

Re: Ownership process to claim listing is not working due to address being hidden

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christine Y

I had a similar situation a few months ago. Support was able to initiate the ownership request for me once I supplied some information including the business listing, my name, email, and consent to share my name and email with the current owner of the listing.

So I would do this:

From within your Google My Business dashboard click on the three horizontal line menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Support".
A menu will then drop down on the right side of the screen and there should be some options listed under "Contact us".

From there you should be able to select "Email"

Fill out the form with your name and the email address you want to use to request ownership.

For the problem you are experiencing choose 'Someone else owns or verified my business'

In the "Describe your problem" field:

Say that you need help initiating the ownership request and include the following information so they know which listing you are referring to:

http://maps.google.com/maps?cid=9136845859513804400

Also include the following sentence:
I give consent to share this information with the current owners of the Vanguard Cleaning Systems of Alberta (Edmonton) Google My Business listing.

That should be enough to get them to initiate the ownership request. If not, support should contact you with more info. Good luck!

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Christine Y

I dealt two weeks ago with a similar question and thread and escalated  to Google the issue.

Their answer I've  posted as a solution in this thread:

Can't Recover Service Based Businesses

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Helmut Geissler I missed that thread.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Tom and Helmut!

Have a great day guys!!

Christine@savvyk.com