AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership of business claimed by someone else

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google,

Our new dental practice google page has been claimed by another person, who this is we have no idea. We recently received a rogue review which brought it to our attention. (Waterfront Dental Surgery)

The business address is Heol Y Llongau, Barry. UK. CF63 4AR. Telephone number 01446 721777.

Myself and the practice manager have tried to go through the request ownership links but this has not worked.

Business and maps links below: 

https://business.google.com/add/info?hl=en&ppsrc=GMBLS&gmbsrc=ww-ww-z-z-z-gmb-l-z-l~mhp-rds_bot-u&ut...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Waterfront+Dental+Surgery/@51.4024528,-3.2699534,17z/data=!3...

We would appreciate your help with this matter,

Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ownership of business claimed by someone else

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anthony,

Your listing has been verified by email we…@gmail.com. If you own this email address than login to Google My Business account by using this email and you will be able to make the changes.

listing.png

If you don't have any idea about this email the click on Request Ownership and wait for 7 days to get any response. If there will be no response Google with proceed with the changes in ownership. Make sure to do it with your official email id related to business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi thanks for the reply. We don't know who has claimed the business, it isn't anyone associated with our practice so we are trying to get the rights to own the listing.

I requested the ownership of the page a few weeks ago now, and we are no further . The request says it will take 7 days and then ownership will be transferred to us as they have not responded. However this is now well over the 7 days and nothing has happened. 

Any further advice you could offer?

Many thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In case you don’t receive a response in the 7 days, view your request and verify your affiliation with the business to gain access. In the email you must have View Request button click on that to proceed with verification.

Can you confirm if you used official email id related to business to claim ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used my personal email address to request ownership. The email ID used to claim the page is not known, all we know is it begins with " WE*** " so we cannot use it. So we have requested ownership, waited about 3 weeks and nothing has happened.

Re: Ownership of business claimed by someone else

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I mean to say use your official email id related to business name like @yourbusinessname. Not the free email address like Gmail or Yahoo. Create Google My Business account using your official email id and request for ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you Hardial, I didn't know we had to have a separate business account name, instead of a personal Gmail address. I have created a new business account now and requested ownership again. Will wait for another 7 days and see what happens. Many thanks

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Sorry @Hardial for adding my opinionto your last great answer:

I would rather recommend @Anthony B to  request the ownership under the given circumstances using an GoogleAccount based on a eMail like xxxxxx@wales.nhs.uk