AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership confusion!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is really confusing and I am going to try and break it down so it's less confusing if anyone has answers please help me out!

So my business listing for the company I currently work for is under an old email address. The business listing is verified but I want to transfer to my email address so I can manage it. So I did the common sense thing and I transferred ownership, but I actually have to the email it is under but for some reason I still cannot access it. I tried to go through account recovery that didn't work either. I am just really confused because I am now getting this email on the account it is under and the account I am trying to transfer to: 

Hello,

Thanks for filling out our form.

My name is Anna from the Google My Business support team and I’m confirming that we’ve just passed your access request for Westhaven Solar at https://maps.google.com?cid=-8451530169965769667 local page on Google My Business to the current owner of this page.

What to expect:

Please allow 7 full days for the current owner to evaluate your request and respond. If the current owner hasn’t responded to you directly within 7 days, you can reply to this email and we’ll take additional steps to follow up. Please know we won’t be able to help you with your request before the 7 days have passed.

Important:

1. If you’ve forgotten the email address or password that you use to sign in to your Google My Business account, we recommend that you check any other email account you normally use to see if the access request was sent there. You can also use this troubleshooter to get help.
  2. If you are only interested in updating this listing's information on Google and you don’t require management access to the listing, you can also report a problem.

If you’ve used this form for any type of question unrelated to the ownership or management of this page, please reply to this email immediately so that we can directly help resolve your issue.

Thank you,

Anna

The Google My Business Team

Shouldn't I be getting an email saying so and so is requesting ownership of the account of the email that owns it not an email stating someone requested it? 

I am so confused I have no idea how to resolve this issue but I really need access to this business page so I can update it the information is really old. 

Thanks 

Stephhanie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ownership confusion!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stephhanie,

Can you log into business.google.com/manage using the original email account assigned to the business page?

If so, then all you need to do is add the new email account as a manager to the page, and then from the other email account accept that manager invite. 24 hours after the manager invite has been accepted, go back into the page (as the original account) and transfer ownership to the new email account.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Ownership confusion!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Priya,

This is where it gets tricky, so when I go to manage under the email it's under, there is a different listing. I think the person before me could not access the other page for some reason and tried to create a new listing. So now we actually have 4 listings floating around out there and only one that is actually verified and comes up when you search us on google.

The thing is when I go to business.google.com I look up the listing and the dialog box comes up and says this:

Someone else has already verified this listing 

This listing has already been verified by we…@gmail.com. If you own this email address, please follow the Account Recovery help guide. If you still want to add this listing to your account, you can request admin rights from the current verified user. This may take some time.

If you would like to update this listing's information on Google, you can also report a problem, which will be reviewed more quickly.

When I pressed request ownership it sent me the email I previously posted to this email and the email I was requesting to switch over too. That is where I am stuck.