AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership Transfer Request Rejected - For MY Business!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have recently purchased the Snap Fitness Ferndale, and I am not able to gain access to my location's Google business listing page. I have tried twice to gain access to it, and still have not been successful. The previous ownership was corporate Snap Fitness, but they do not have access to my Google page anymore, and neither do the previous owners prior to them, or any of my employees. Please allow me to do a verification again so we can properly transition this business listing so I can update certain items and address customer concerns properly. 

1. Snap Fitness Ferndale (Snap Ferndale)
2. 23000 Woodward Ave, Ferndale, MI 48220
3. 248-399-4030
4. https://www.google.com/maps?q=snap+fitness+ferndale&rlz=1C1NHXL_enUS758US758&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=...
5. http://www.snapfitness.com/gyms/ferndale-mi-48220/74

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I read your subject here as "Ownership Transfer Request Rejected"

What kind of rejection did you  got. 

Can you copy/paste any related rejecting mail or information?

More questions:

Have you (and when) applied this procedure:

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

and if having used it:
what  kind of GoogleAccount have you tried while rquesting the ownership transferred?
The best practice would have been using an Account based on an email address like xxxx@snapfitness.com

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Ujwal V

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Below is my rejection letter that I received. I have used my current email address for my other businesses without an issue? I do have a xxx@snapfitness.com email, but it is set up for all of my employees to use as a general mailbox, and I would rather have it set up routed through my email as the owner. 

I also did try to verify the business, and tried our other accounts to see if those emails had access, and none did. 

Ujwal V.
Sorry, the owner of Snap Fitness has rejected your request to become an owner on Google My Business.
  Visit our Help Center
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this email to update you about important changes related to your Google My Business product or listing.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

sorry @Ujwal V

you missed answering the point when you requested the ownership and when getting the rejection email.

Regarding the existent   xxx@snapfitness.com email:

Are you saying this email acccount is shared with some or all of your employees in a way using this email  as an GoogleAccount all employees would be owner of the listing as well?

Last remark:

as I have checked: 

All (or almost all) listings of "snap fitness" in the USA are managed in a bulk feed and based on an account of "fi...@gmail.com"

GoogleMyBusiness wil very likely refuse helping you to get the ownership transferred if the owner of the bulk feed won't agree to release the listing to you (this is very reasonable IMHO)

Usually Google recommend in such cases to 

either contact the head office of the brand to get the permission to manage the listing as an individual listing

or to use an email account based on the Business domaisn (as I already suggsted it to you)