AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership Transfer Rejected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in charge of the online content for local gift store, Greetings & Readings. We're trying to get ownership of the Google My Business page, but whoever the current owner is, he or she is rejecting our requests for transfer. We absolutely want it to be in our control so we can respond to our reviews. We do not know who this third party is that's keeping us from owning and verifying our page.

Greetings & Readings
118-AA Shawan Rd
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
410-771-3022
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Greetings+%26+Readings/@39.498141,-76.655479,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0...
http://www.greetingsandreadings.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry that you're having that issue. I would suggest reaching out to Google My Business on Twitter to see if they can help.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hey Dan! 

We'll respond to you on Twitter regarding this issue and we'll be in touch with you there. 

Cheers,
Jared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jared, I'm still struggling with this. You replied on twitter, but Google claimed that we're a chain business, which isn't true, so for some reason Google thinks we shouldn't be able to manage our own page (and respond to our own reviews).

We replied on twitter to silence. Can you help us get this resolved please?

Meanwhile, the unknown owner of our business's My Business page rejected another request from us to transfer ownership.

Re: Ownership Transfer Rejected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem. WHY is Google using TWITTER to discuss issues like this????? I am SOOO disgusted with Google My Business.

@Dan D wrote:

Jared, I'm still struggling with this. You replied on twitter, but Google claimed that we're a chain business, which isn't true, so for some reason Google thinks we shouldn't be able to manage our own page (and respond to our own reviews).

We replied on twitter to silence. Can you help us get this resolved please?

Meanwhile, the unknown owner of our business's My Business page rejected another request from us to transfer ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After trying this forum, twitter, and phone calls from our business, including one from the business owner, Google finally said there's nothing they can do. Our My Business page is in the hands of an unknown entity.

They told us to reach out to the unknown person to resolve the issue, and then wouldn't give us any contact information.

Eventually they mentioned the outside company that's responsible in our case, so now we're going down that rabbit hole.

Terrible service from Google. Absolutely not what I expected from them.