5.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership Transfer 7 Day Process

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This is awful. Why do we have to wait 7 days to call the business owner for a ownership transfer when you can clearly call their verified business listing number. Just doesnt make any sense to me I feel like you are pushing all of us out with all these awful updates on the business listings. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Ownership Transfer 7 Day Process

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can't see or consider it awful

They explain you here https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en that their procedure include a step Google will contact the actual page owner.
Shouldn't you allow to give them both time to react on their request?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wonder if you can advise me on this:-

I look after a website for a friends business - fo the past 11 years I have had complete freedom to do whatever was needed with regards the website and its relationship with Google. During this I have simply opened accounts using my own email details.
Over the years as Google changed any account I opened ie YouTube - is linked to me account even though I used the company name.

OK, Now I am due to retire and the company want to manage the Google local page and have submitted a new ownership request to Google.

As the company local page is part of my account - how can I pass ownership of that page only and not give access to anything linked to the email or my account?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Vinny van G

Please don't jump on older threads 

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just thought that as they were related....... ooops

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.