AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership Request Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name - Home Pro Inspections
2. Current business address - 6645 Jonel Way Bonita, California

3. Current telephone number - (619) 395-2892
4. Google Maps URL - https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=7JhzWr7OBsrYjwPT7anADw&q=home%20pro%20inspections%20san%2...
5. Website (if applicable) - homeproinspections.org

So this is a new client I am taking on from an old marketing company. This marketing company verified the Google Business listing. However, the client will soon no longer be working with this marketing company. I have taken clients from this marketing company in the past and they are a pain in the butt to get things transferred. They won't actually transfer your logins to you or give you the passwords. I've tried requesting access, but obviously they won't respond. Is there anyway I can re-verify with a <head> tag or uploading a file to my clients website? I really just want to be able to take it from this shady marketing company because of the reputation they instilled in me with past dealings.

Thanks!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Runningfish D - We are mostly volunteers on here and unfortunately someone who already has access to the GMB listing (owner) can only give you access. Do the owners of the actual business not have access whatsoever? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Just claim the business listing and send the postcard to the registered address. They can't possibly get into the U.S. mail. Claim it, receive the postcard, and update the GMB listing.

When in doubt, give Digital Herder a call. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The owner of the business has no access to it whatsoever. I have a feeling the marketing company that holds all the passwords does it similarly to how my company does it...they register all the listings under one GMB account. Except if for some reason one of our clients wanted to leave us, they would get all the access to their social media accounts and login details and passwords.

The marketing company that registered the listing is called Brand Rep. Theyre a shady shady shady international marketing company out of texas. Ive had clients in the past who used them and come to me when they arent happy and every single time I have the client try to get the logins or access, they just tell the client "We cannot do that, but we can delete it for you...we'll be happy to delete it for you."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sadly I do not think this is the case. I keep holding out for "there must be another way google!" but this is what I've yielded through googles amazingly easy-to-use-no-one-is-better interface:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671