star_border

Ownership Conflict

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Helmut Geissler

We have the same issue as described on another thread https://goo.gl/c6EH9r
We request ownership access several times and were are only given communication manager access all the time. GrubLabs (taptoeat) after getting access on the listing, they have added their website cozpizza.us and changed our store original phone number +1 2178641311 into their call tracking number +1 2172031701). And we need your help to escalate this case to GMB staff.

We have done the same procedure as you have recommended (created a new duplicate listing) and stopped short with the verification (didn't requested a PIN).
Email associated with this case/business is cozspizza123@gmail.com
The business info are as follows:

Coz's Pizza

1405 East Village Parkway, Mt Zion IL, 62549

+1 2178641311
https://goo.gl/NhzQXV

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you and kind regards,
Justin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ownership Conflict

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@JustinD

I saw through https://plus.google.com/106269922576261047359?rel=author

you are not the owner of the  "Coz's Pizza"

Why isn't the owner of the restaurant  complaining not getting the role as owner - but instead getting the role as comm. manager only?

Ownership Conflict

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Helmut Geissler,

You are right, I am not the owner of the business, yet me and my colleagues from Slice (online ordering platform) are authorized by the business owner to undertake whatever necessary to return back his GMB listing ownership.
That is why in the end of the previous text, I mention that whatever additional info you might need to confirm affiliation with the business, we can supply you, like owners name, his cell phone, business certificate, utility bill i.e. whatever necessary you and GMB team to confirm ownership of the business and consequently of the GMB listing and also our affiliation with the owner and his business. Yet, I didn't want to mention any of owner's credentials and info in the thread, unless You or GMB Support staff asked them.
Playing by the rules is a must for us as their authorized representatives and its in line with Google policies https://support.google.com/business/answer/7163406?hl=en and https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en-GB
Everything stated in this thread can be confirmed on the GMB listing backend, like Grublabs (Taptoeat) changing the phone number of the listing, the website, but also adding us as communication manager each time we ask for ownership rights. Me personally and the business owner have even called them several times to release the listings, they are not willing to do so. And it seems GMB Phone support is not trained to solve this cases in a proper manner.
And we believe this forum is great to solve cases like this.

Best,
Justin

Re: Ownership Conflict

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ok @JustinD

There is really ne need to confrontate me with Google stuff as you did:

Google policies https://support.google.com/business/answer/7163406?hl=enand https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en-GB

You should rather agree I have good reasons feeling cheated by you as you wrote in your frist post this:

"GrubLabs (taptoeat) after getting access on the listing, they have added their website cozpizza.us and changed our store original phone number +1 2178641311 into their call tracking number +1 2172031701). And we need your help to escalate this"

I couldn't consider this other way as assuming  "Coz's Pizza"  its your store.

Now I see its not your store but you are just an other platform struggling about a certain store owned by an real owner and you seem trying to do it on owners request to get it released from the other paltform.

It would be much more fair if you would made your role clear from the beginning rather to let me figure out this on my own

As I'm not the judge between your platform and the platform actually controlling the store in question but being the messenger to Google only  regarding this  matter I can tell you Google slightly changed the procedure regarding this kind of ownership conflicting request.

I told this already "Charles" in here: Re: Ownership Conflict

quoting to what I refer: "Since it appears that you are not the owner of any of these restaurants but instead a third party (MenuStar), you will need to go through the verification process to help confirm that you are an authorized representative of each restaurant"

It means in your case:

I have escalated the thread to google  ( # 735 ) and perhaps Google will decide to unverify the listing "Coz's Pizza" 

Then perhaps any verification steps need to accomplish again.

But let's wait on any word back from Google

I don't expect this word back before end of the weekend

Ownership Conflict

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Helmut Geissler,

You are absolutely right.

I thought acting as an authorized representative seems the same as the owner, so I should have made clearer my role from the beginning. 
Yet, I decided to address this kind of ownership conflict only if I have consent from the business owner to raise the issue in this forum since Google representative can call the business location and confirm my affiliation anytime.

Anyway, since Google slightly changed the procedure regarding this kind of ownership conflicting request, if the un-verify the listing, we are fine to go through the verification process once again to help confirm that we are an authorized representative for his locations since we had no luck of convincing the current listing owner (GrubLabs-TaptoEat) to release the listing, even after the owner have called them.
Once I verify the listing, I will add the business owner (his email) as primary owner of the listing, and I will transform my access as manager of the listing, to comply with the Google terms of service.

Thank you for all your efforts to facilitate this case.

Kind regards,
Justin

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JustinD
August

Ownership Conflict

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@JustinD

Google came back and said  "they should now have control of the GMB page"

Ownership Conflict

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear @Helmut Geissler 
Thank you very much for facilitating the process. Your guidance has been precious. I just informed the business owner about the outcome.
He got access of the listing, updated the restaurant phone number back to the original one and listing got suspended, not sure why. But now its free to claim and we hope we wont have issues to re-verify the listing again.

Kind regards,
Justin

Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar problem, someone has claimed my business and using it to defraud people. He claims to be our manager, asks people to go to the venue to view and request for payment from them.

His number is on the page and has refused to give up ownership.