Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to retake ownership of my business listing on Google Maps.

The business is ESSO, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28 7TS

Telephone Number is 01946 691638

The link is https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Esso/@54.5435718,-3.5816459,20.65z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xc8aa6b6...

I did have ownership of the listing but then it came up that there was a duplicate listing and mine was marked as duplicate and removed so I tried to claim the listing that is there now that I have attached but it says its owned by someone else.

I did the process to try and claim ownership and have since heard nothing back.

I check on the listing again and it says 

Ownership request for Esso

We sent your request for ownership to the current owner on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.

While you're waiting for a response from the current owner, you can suggest an edit to the listing. The edit may be reviewed faster.

What can I do to get ownership back?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ownership Conflict

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul A

after requesting second time the ownership on  5th April you should got an email from this emailaddress: google-my-business-noreply@google.com.

Can you confirm getting such?

If you got it 

Can you cheeck its content being like below:

screenshot-mail.google.com 2017-05-02 23-49-05.png

Now and if clicking in that email as you got it a month ago the button "View Requst" will you see it exaclty like below:

screenshot-business.google.com 2017-05-02 23-51-48.png

Main point:

is there between the two sentences also on your end NO  hint about th seven days deadline written (as it should be there!!!)"

If it looks on your end like with my last screen grab then oyu are affectd very likely by the same issue as a user   @Olga Z in this older thread."No response from ownership transfer requests"

and since Olgas thread was reolicable for me it's your case too and soon I get oyur feedback about what you get and see if clicking the blue Button "View request" through the email gotten 4th April I can and will 3escaate your issue to Google as I did it with Olgas case also 

Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Yes I did receive the email on the 5th of April and no it does not mention anything about a seven day deadline.

When I view the emails they are exactly as the screen grabs you attached.

Thanks

Paul

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Paul A

ok thanks 

I made an escalation 

this link is for my own reference only and here my reference number # 453

Still an other important remark;

If responding here don't forget "mentioning" me as per " @Helmut Geissler "

I otherwise could miss your reply

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Paul A

I got a wrod back form Google.

They made clear to me your issue is different from Olgas case.

In your case you seem to have an ownership conflicht for a listing bng part of a bulk feed and your one is still managed by the owner of the bulk.

We recommend or suggest you  - even because you seem already being a manager on the page to get in touch with your internal contacts at the head office of your company.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Paul A

I got a word back form Google.

They made clear to me your issue is different from Olgas case.

In your case you seem to have an ownership conflicht for a listing bng part of a bulk feed and your one is still managed by the owner of the bulk.

We recommend or suggest you  - even because you seem already being a manager on the page to get in touch with your internal contacts at the head office of your company.

Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Is there any other way of transferring the ownership. The problem is we trade under the ESSO brand but we do not have anything to do with ESSO as the fuel comes through a third party company and we have no contact with ESSO.

Ownership Conflict

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I'm now very surprised!

Are you saying the ESSO fuel station at the mentioned addressis closed or doesn't exist as such anymore and you run a fuel station under a complete different branding?

If so why on earth didn't you mention this as a very important information form the beginning here?

In your starting post you wrote this:

"I am trying to retake ownership of my business listing on Google Maps.

The business is ESSO, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28 7TS"

Now you write "we trade under the ESSO" but we have no contact with ESSO"

I don't beleive it matters what fuel you sell and to whom yo have contact.

The main point is your brand "ESSO" as a fuel station.

If you run it as a ESSO station you can't apparently get Google to release the listing from the ESSO created bulk feed and get it transferrd to your individual dashboard.

Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In youtube settings, i try to add a manager but it says my brand account is suspended so i can not do anything. a youtuber forum said it was a google business issue. google plus says im not suspended so...what do i do?

if the answer is verify my business, which some guy 1 time said maybe the answer cause of his experience in a similar situation...how/why do i do that?

Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Yes the business is open and trades as ESSO but ESSO in the UK is just a fuel brand the fuel is supplied through company called Greenergy Fuels the only contact we have is with them we have no contact with ESSO.

I hope this makes sense.