AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ownership Conflict - Bug When Request access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, 

Long story short, I have been trying to help my client getting verified on GMB but this is a special case. 

1. I have already helped this client has his postal code verified. 

2. And now suddenly it returned the duplicate listing error: https://gyazo.com/c8018dabc8515d217d7300b7e86df74a

3. Now when I click on Request access, I got redirected to this page: https://gyazo.com/1435cd68192fb4d3319052ce1e882a3f

4. I then click the Request access again and it just won't work, the page keep on refreshing without sending me anywhere.

I have reported this 2 weeks ago and talk to a support line from google, I was told that this should be fixed within 3-4 days but still no luck until now. 

Would really appreciate if anyone here can give me any pointers on what to do next. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Peter,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Just to clarify, is there a published listing for your client? Have you been able to request access to it yet?

I think you're going to need to get in touch with Google My Business support to have them sort this out for you. Sometimes you have to follow up a couple of times to get what you need. (Source: I have also had to do this for clients and have had to call multiple times to get an issue like this resolved).

Best of luck!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi! Our Local Listings Supervisor here at BizIQ has made 25 separate phone calls to Google My Business Support about this exact issue because it's been a problem for 6 weeks now. Her first call was on April 18th and her last call was yesterday! Everytime Google's response has bee their technical team is working on it. When she asked Google if they were going to introduce a workaround while their technical team fixes the issue, their response was that the technical team and the legal team had elected not to and yesterday they suggested to create a new listing and try again or to just wait. Of course, creating a new duplicate doesn't work and waiting doesn't work. It's really frustrating but you're not the only one who's having the problem. Google told us it's a technical issue that's been happening worldwide and they've been getting a lot of calls. I wrote a blog post about it today. I wish they would fix it or give us a real solution!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I just talked to Google Support team again yesterday, I was informed that they are still working on it. It has already been 3 weeks for me too. Hopefully, they can fix this issues as soon as possible. 

Thanks for the reply guys! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We hope so too! It's beyond frustrating for us and for our customers!

Re: Ownership Conflict - Bug When Request access

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Annette,

I sympathize! I've been in this position multiple times as well. I hope everything gets fixed soon. Unfortunately with Google sometimes it's just a matter of waiting. Best of luck to both of you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately, with Google, that's definitely true. Hopefully, this isn't like another time there was a different technical issue and it took them 3 months to do anything and the reason they had done nothing for 3 months was that they were busy working on a completely new process! In my opinion, 6 weeks is already too long for the service-area businesses that this technical issue affects.